CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

4 so far. And none of them are superman characters or villains. 

Don't get your balls in a twist. Gunn has confirmed that Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen, and Perry White are all in the movie. It's also reasonable to assume than Ma and Pa Kent will be present. They'll be cast soon - if anything, I think it's smarter to cast the heroes that will be leading your universe before you cast the parents and friends of Superman

2 hours ago, dallas said:

Don't get your balls in a twist. Gunn has confirmed that Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen, and Perry White are all in the movie. It's also reasonable to assume than Ma and Pa Kent will be present. They'll be cast soon - if anything, I think it's smarter to cast the heroes that will be leading your universe before you cast the parents and friends of Superman

That’s not what I meant at all but ok lol

The DCU is definently a going concern in this movie. So that rumor was true.

I can see why Gunn wants Metamorpho in his DCU. The original SIlver age comics has a very off the wall,bizarre, tongue in cheek humor driving them..right up Gunn's alley. People are often puzzled about how the staid, ultra conservative DC editors in the mid 60's alllowed something as daring as Metamorpho to appear.

Granted, it did not sell all that well but sitll, it was drastically different then most Silver Age DC offerings.

8 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Post image

Grace strikes back...

I saw that circulating yesterday, but I decided not to post it here, because I figured Grace Randolph was too controversial a subject around here. 

Anyway, for what it’s worth, there have apparently been rumors about a casting call for a Middle Eastern dictator, and Gunn has yet to debunk this to my knowledge, so maybe it has some merit to it. It’d be pretty funny too, because this basically makes it sound like Black Adam, except with the ideology of the heroes reversed. 

26 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Literally just Black Adam

When people will learn to just not trust this shit? Do any of the "leaks" of Vol. 3 had ever confirmed before the film was even in production? Please, these people are Sheherazade, they talk from the ass and people keep buying it, every time. It’s mind boggling.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

When people will learn to just not trust this shit? Do any of the "leaks" of Vol. 3 had ever confirmed before the film was even in production? Please, these people are Sheherazade, they talk from the ass and people keep buying it, every time. It’s mind boggling.

Maybe it’s not true, but I don’t think we can completely rule it out yet. As I said, there were rumors that they’re casting a Middle Eastern actor to play a dictator. 

44 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I also wonder if making this about the Middle East and it Politics  is a really smart move. For no other reason then the whole freaking place could blow up  at any time.

Of course I consider this story to be BS until proven otherwise.

Edited by dudalb

11 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I saw that circulating yesterday, but I decided not to post it here, because I figured Grace Randolph was too controversial a subject around here. 

Anyway, for what it’s worth, there have apparently been rumors about a casting call for a Middle Eastern dictator, and Gunn has yet to debunk this to my knowledge, so maybe it has some merit to it. It’d be pretty funny too, because this basically makes it sound like Black Adam, except with the ideology of the heroes reversed. 

Only way I would believe Grace on this movie would have been if she had mentioned literally any of Hawkgirl, Mr Terrific, Green Lantern, or Metamorpho before 2 days ago. Same with any other scooper for the movie. Or even any of the names of the actors who will play those roles. And now suddenly we have to believe she knows the entire plot despite not even having any insight into the characters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Only way I would believe Grace on this movie would have been if she had mentioned literally any of Hawkgirl, Mr Terrific, Green Lantern, or Metamorpho before 2 days ago. Same with any other scooper for the movie. Or even any of the names of the actors who will play those roles. And now suddenly we have to believe she knows the entire plot despite not even having any insight into the characters.

No Gunn script has ever leaked. All these assholes do is play with the fandoms expectations, both DC and Marvel and people keep falling for it. It’s just nuts.

It’s maddening how gullible people are when it comes to this genre. The fact that some of them run even fucking patreons for "exclusives" is hilarious. A grifter lot, all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Yeah there is 0% chance she knows anything about his script