Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

I think you are jumping the gun here. SH movies tend to more frontloaded in korea. Tends to slow down after 2 good weeks. I would still think UK is the favorite as the market is bigger

Where is the sign that mexican market is growing at a fast pace. Is the OW record broken every year with a big increase. Is the yearly gross of mexico increasing big every year? Also how are the ticket prices? I think peso has dropped around 15% since avengers and so no way its beating UK which will make 80m+.

2nd weekend of TA2 will be helped by May Day holiday so it's not collapsing until week 4 or later and I remember Rsyu saying that it has very little competition before and after it opens. When you look at TA1 and IM3, collapse didn't happen until week 5 and even than it was about 55%+ drop.

Edited by druv10

Don't underestimate Mexico, TA1 grossed $62m there and it's a fast-growing market that is not too much affected by the exchange rates, much less than Brazil anyway, it's also the biggest market in Latin America. There is a real potential.

Brazil is much less likely, having lost 41% against the US dollar.

Brazil has literally no shot, I'll be with 50M+ considering how bad Real is compared to dollar. Mexico does have the potential but who knows. Can it jump up and do 75M+, potentially but I dare not predict that.

Brazil has literally no shot, I'll be with 50M+ considering how bad Real is compared to dollar. Mexico does have the potential but who knows. Can it jump up and do 75M+, potentially but I dare not predict that.

Unless there is a miracle Brazil is probably unable to do that. As a market the potential is really huge so it's quite a shame to see it slowing down at that point, same thing about its economy. Potential can't beat mismanagement.

Mexico could do it but that will be pretty hard that's for sure, at that point I just want it to beat TA1 :)

So many posts to expect here, that will be mind-blowing, like the movie :D

A film blogger I follow gives it a higher rating than Avengers 1, I'm really pumped.But still 24 days to wait.

• Like 2

A film blogger I follow gives it a higher rating than Avengers 1, I'm really pumped.But still 24 days to wait.

yh I saw early reviews of it and they said it is as good as the first but is darker but is good in a different way to the first one!
  • Like 1

‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ blasts into social media chart

1216632_UK-Buzz-Chart-April-17.jpg

The superhero sequel is smashing records before it is even released.

Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron has crushed the competition on social media a full week before its UK release, according to Way To Blue.

The superhero sequel generated nearly 23,600 comments across social media, news, forums and blogs from April 9-15.

Of those comments, 16% expressed an intent to view, meaning they would likely head to the box office and see the film.

The chart did not include Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which stormed social media yesterday following a flurry of fresh announcements and a new teaser trailer.

However, in the seven days to April 15, Avengers: Age of Ultron cast a shadow over recent releases including Keanu Reeves revenge thriller John Wick, which generated more than 4,100 comments (19% ItV); and documentary Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, which recorded close to 1,900 comments (38% ItV).

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 4

There is a general strike of public transportation means next wednesday.  so i don't know how it will effect the belgian BO on its release day.

That said, many schools are closed on wednesdays after, so many children could still be there.

Also, marketting has finaly kicked off : TV spots and big posters above theaters are visible.

• Like 1

There is a general strike of public transportation means next wednesday.  so i don't know how it will effect the belgian BO on its release day.

That said, many schools are closed on wednesdays after, so many children could still be there.

Also, marketting has finaly kicked off : TV spots and big posters above theaters are visible.

Yeah I still didn't see much marketing for this movies, i hope it's the quiet before the storm.

Its just Belgium. I am sure Avengers was uber blockbuster but did only 4m. So overall AOU will do ok despite the strike.

It's time to buy fries and mayonaise before the big day :P

I tink I won't need those :D

Its just Belgium. I am sure Avengers was uber blockbuster but did only 4m. So overall AOU will do ok despite the strike.

No uber blockbuster, not even close. When it takes in 10M it is uber blockbuster

• Like 1

I never saw someone eat that in cinem, but i ll take you on your word. It's not like i am a belgian citicen :P

Well, to be honest you probably can't eat that in a cinema, or not in the ones I went in, and that is a SHAME :ph34r:

By the way I don't know if it's the same for everyone but the food is terribly expensive in cinemas, and some of them don't even allow us to bring our own food, I will need to find a way for next Thursday, The Avengers 2 can't be watched without candies or potato chips :P

Well, to be honest you probably can't eat that in a cinema, or not in the ones I went in, and that is a SHAME :ph34r:

By the way I don't know if it's the same for everyone but the food is terribly expensive in cinemas, and some of them don't even allow us to bring our own food, I will need to find a way for next Thursday, The Avengers 2 can't be watched without candies or potato chips :P

Just take a backpack and your good, at least my and my friends always do that ^^

Just take a backpack and your good, at least my and my friends always do that ^^

In my usual cinema they have bodyguards looking inside our backpacks so it can't work. I will try another cinema that's all, it will took more time to get there but that will be worth the effort :)