Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

By the way ,I really hope Europe can surprise us, just a slight increase would be wonderful. I don't like to imagine the European market as a stalling or declining market because it always has been the biggest OS market among the different continents (until recently) and was courted by Hollywood with many investments and European elements (cities, actors..) so that's a bit sad to think we're lagging behind, slowly declining. Avatar 2 could be refreshing in that regard, meanwhile I just hope for big numbers for TA2 on this continent :)

I 'm sure it can be bigger than TA1 in France, at least there and in the UK, but particularly in France because it was not huge there to begin with ($38m) so I'm sure there is some room for growth :)

• Like 1

By the way ,I really hope Europe can surprise us, just a slight increase would be wonderful. I don't like to imagine the European market as a stalling or declining market because it always has been the biggest OS market among the different continents (until recently) and was courted by Hollywood with many investments and European elements (cities, actors..) so that's a bit sad to think we're lagging behind, slowly declining. Avatar 2 could be refreshing in that regard, meanwhile I just hope for big numbers for TA2 on this continent :)

I 'm sure it can be bigger than TA1 in France, at least there and in the UK, but particularly in France because it was not huge there to begin with ($38m) so I'm sure there is some room for growth :)

What's your prediction for France?

What's your prediction for France?

I expect $42m, I wouldn't dare forecast more than that because of the weak euro currency. As long as it increases I will be satisfied, I hope my country won't disappoint me (it did that for so many things these last few years, so I hope for a bright spot ^^)  :P

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

I love your new avatar Rsyu. 

Ta :) found it online. Fan made poster if I'm not mistaken.

fJAbquZ.jpg

I expect $42m, I wouldn't dare forecast more than that because of the weak euro currency. As long as it increases I will be satisfied, I hope my country won't disappoint me (it did that for so many things these last few years, so I hope for a bright spot ^^)  :P

Pretty decent considering the exchange rate. I hope it will increase even more in admissions.

• Like 1

OK, thanks :) The Avengers 2 is starting pretty well there, it could become number 1 :)

Asia is completely on fire, that will be huge for sure!

Now latin America needs to play its role, it must be amazing there as well, there is $50m to gain compared to TA1, it's not peanuts: )

#1 all time movie in TAIWAN is still Avatar with around $36M under current exchange rates.

I hope TA2 will be all-time #2,needing to beat Titanic's 800M NT$($25.7m).

Both TA and IM3 made 600M NT$ ($19.3M).

• Like 3

What's the highest grossing movie in your country?  :)

FF7 just broke it. Previous record holder was IM3 (if I remember correctly). Not so sure on the numbers though. It's hard to find an up-to-date data.

Yes, IM3 was no.1 holiwood movie in Indonesia with $ 15,305,150

According to RTH, the new #1 movie of all time in Indonesia is FF7 with $15.7m. It's very possible that the record will be broken again by AoU. It has no competition for like, a month. The presales here look super strong. I've already got my tickets too for tomorrow. :D

I hope it's gonna be the first movie that crosses $20m. The weak local currency has prevented FF7 to do it. FF7's number would have been $20m with 2013's exchange rates when IM3 was released.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

AOU will debut on 400 screens in Taiwan, 60% of all screens in this market.

Early reviews after press screening are very positive!

If it's a sign of things to come in China that could be exciting to follow :P

$25m in Taiwan would be great :)

If it's a sign of things to come in China that could be exciting to follow :P

$25m in Taiwan would be great :)

Early signs are there for record breaking openings across Asia. HK, Philippines, Indonesia, SK, Taiwan and hopefully many more. 

• Like 2

Early signs are there for record breaking openings across Asia. HK, Philippines, Indonesia, SK, Taiwan and hopefully many more. 

If you had told me a few years ago that Asia would be completely keen on superheroes I wouldn't have believed it!! :P And I'm glad they love that :)

The only exception is Japan, they loved Spiderman movies several years ago and The Avengers got pretty good numbers too but that's it, let's hope they'll change over time as well, the positive thing is every movie is increasing over the previous ones. For The Avengers 2 I expect nothing great given how weak the yen is now but it will be interesting to see its admissions there, maybe could we be surprised?

its going to be slight increase due to expansion of china/ticket price inflation, in overseas

slight decrease in DOM

overall it'll be slight increase on original, but not as much as we saw in FF7

as a sequel going to be pretty front loaded as WOM looks less than TA1

Edited by Halba

its going to be slight increase due to expansion of china/ticket price inflation, in overseas

slight decrease in DOM

overall it'll be slight increase on original, but not as much as we saw in FF7

as a sequel going to be pretty front loaded as WOM looks less than TA1

The WOM doesn't look inferior to TA1, the movie is not released yet. And about a decrease DOM we'll see about that.

A look at how the MCU movies did in Germany, sorted by admissions:

0,24mil: The Incredible Hulk

0,34mil: Captain America 1

0,82mil: Iron Man 1

0,82mil: Captain America 2

1,01mil: Iron Man 2

1,12mil: Thor 1

1,43mil: Thor 2

1,79mil: GotG

1,92mil: Iron Man 3

2,25mil: Avengers 1

so, none of them reached blockbuster status (that would be 3mil admissions, and that's already a low treshold), but Avengers was the most successful, and there's ample room for improvement (all 3 of the SpiderMan movies cleared the 3mil so it's not that SH movies wouldn't work at all). Personally I think 3mil are out of reach for AoU but 2,5 might be possible!

A look at how the MCU movies did in Germany, sorted by admissions:

0,24mil: The Incredible Hulk

0,34mil: Captain America 1

0,82mil: Iron Man 1

0,82mil: Captain America 2

1,01mil: Iron Man 2

1,12mil: Thor 1

1,43mil: Thor 2

1,79mil: GotG

1,92mil: Iron Man 3

2,25mil: Avengers 1

so, none of them reached blockbuster status (that would be 3mil admissions, and that's already a low treshold), but Avengers was the most successful, and there's ample room for improvement (all 3 of the SpiderMan movies cleared the 3mil so it's not that SH movies wouldn't work at all). Personally I think 3mil are out of reach for AoU but 2,5 might be possible!

Thats really lousy numbers for such a big country

Thats really lousy numbers for such a big country

I heard a few years ago this reluctance about superheroes would be a cultural problem linked to the Nazi past, but I don't remember why exactly.

Edited by Fullbuster

I heard a few years ago this reluctance about superheroes would be a cultural problem linked to the Nazi past, but I don't remember why exactly.

No, I don't think so. Say rather that the Germans (and we Austrians) always had a rather snobbish relation to comics as a whole, treating them as inferior reading stuff children should be kept away from and adults shouldn't even touch. Add to this that the only Marvel hero really well-known here is Spiderman (which did a lot better than the MCU movies) and you're there. So, with the Marvel characters now better known, I really see room for an increase (in US$, such an increase will of course be counterbalanced by the weak €)

FranceFlag_svg.png

Interesting : Among the 100 biggest movies in admissions in the French Box Office 50 are American, 47 are French, 2 are British and 1 is Italian. None of them are comicbook movies, can The Avengers 2 change that? Probably not but who knows?

About superheroes movies in admissions in France :

The Avengers : 4.5m

Iron Man 3 : 4.4m

The Dark Knight Rises : 4.4m

X-Men Days of Future Past 3.3m

The Dark Knight : 3m

The Amazing Spiderman : 2.5m

Guardians of the Galaxy : 2.4m

The Amazing Spiderman 2 : 2.3m

Thor 2 :  2.3m

X-Men First Class : 2.1m

Captain America 2 : 1.9m

Thor : 1.7m

Captain America : 1.1m

These numbers are pretty fine, the positive side is that is a growing community of fans so I have some hope for The Avengers 2 and even more for Batman vs Superman.

• Like 1

No, I don't think so. Say rather that the Germans (and we Austrians) always had a rather snobbish relation to comics as a whole, treating them as inferior reading stuff children should be kept away from and adults shouldn't even touch. Add to this that the only Marvel hero really well-known here is Spiderman (which did a lot better than the MCU movies) and you're there. So, with the Marvel characters now better known, I really see room for an increase (in US$, such an increase will of course be counterbalanced by the weak €)

As long as it's increasing it's fine, particularly in a country with a declining demography, particularly the declining number of young people (the main target of these movies after all).