Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Indeed, that would more than double the gross of TA1, and would be far ahead of the other OS territories in terms of gross. I would be satisfied with $200m, but I hope for $250m.

F7 is surely making more than TF4 in China and AoU just 250M? IMO that is just disappointing. 

Venezuela situation one of the most evil things. Most citizens buy currency at a black market rate of $1 per 200+ bolivars while the studios are able repatriate the funds at 1$ at $6.30. Its just unbelievable. I think this bubble will burst soon and Venezuelan market will just die. It appears tickets are around 250 bolivars in caracas !!!!

You have to remember if China increases 100-150 million it would put the film near 1+ billion overseas by itself without other markets increasing? 

But other markets will likely decrease because of the Exchange Rate. The ER problem was mitigated by FF7 by selling an enormous amount of tickets. Considering these ER it's likely F7 will sell roughly the same amount of tickets WW as the first Avengers did.

F7 is surely making more than TF4 in China and AoU just 250M? IMO that is just disappointing. 

Going from $90m+ to $250m+ isn't disappointing at all, that'd be fantastic! In China Transformers is the strongest brand ever so it's not comparable!

Going from $90m+ to $250m+ isn't disappointing at all, that'd be fantastic! In China Transformers is the strongest brand ever so it's not comparable!

Now F7 is gonna pass TF4, so now F&F is bigger than Transformers? 

Beacause I actually know one or two things about how OS markets work and you clearly are clueless. But no matter, I hope the same thing for you.

Your arrogance is laughable and don't worry I'll be here. Just make sure you don't disappear after the OW OS.

• Like 1

But other markets will likely decrease because of the Exchange Rate. The ER problem was mitigated by FF7 by selling an enormous amount of tickets. Considering these ER it's likely F7 will sell roughly the same amount of tickets WW as the first Avengers did.

Avengers was totaly unknow in Belgium before it's release, so it's market can grow much, it didn't had the brand name it now has.

UK and SK, with an edge towards SK right now. 

Don't underestimate Mexico, TA1 grossed $62m there and it's a fast-growing market that is not too much affected by the exchange rates, much less than Brazil anyway, it's also the biggest market in Latin America. There is a real potential.

Brazil is much less likely, having lost 41% against the US dollar.

UK and SK, with an edge towards SK right now. 

I think you are jumping the gun here. SH movies tend to more frontloaded in korea. Tends to slow down after 2 good weeks. I would still think UK is the favorite as the market is bigger

Don't underestimate Mexico, TA1 grossed $62m there and it's a fast-growing market that is not too much affected by the exchange rates, much less than Brazil anyway, it's also the biggest market in Latin America. There is a real potential.

Brazil is much less likely, having lost 41% against the US dollar.

Where is the sign that mexican market is growing at a fast pace. Is the OW record broken every year with a big increase. Is the yearly gross of mexico increasing big every year? Also how are the ticket prices? I think peso has dropped around 15% since avengers and so no way its beating UK which will make 80m+.

I think you are jumping the gun here. SH movies tend to more frontloaded in korea. Tends to slow down after 2 good weeks. I would still think UK is the favorite as the market is bigger

Where is the sign that mexican market is growing at a fast pace. Is the OW record broken every year with a big increase. Is the yearly gross of mexico increasing big every year? Also how are the ticket prices? I think peso has dropped around 15% since avengers and so no way its beating UK which will make 80m+.

MEXICO BOX OFFICE REVENUES

2006 : $485m

2007 : $530m

2008 : $560m

2009 : $612m

2010 : $708m

2011 : $763m

2012 : $813m

2013 : $900m

The Mexican Box Office revenues grew by 85.6% between 2006 and 2013, becoming the 10th biggest BO market, slightly ahead of Brazil.

And Mexico is the second biggest OS market for FF7 so why not Avengers 2?

• Like 1