Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Actually I can only see 680m from current OS markets, so IMO AOUS needs 370m from China and Japan to stand a chance against F7 ..... 

I would be surprised if it only makes 680m from current markets

Avengers did 45M thanks to a very favorable exchange rate. Based on recent superhero 'successes' there, AoU might be lucky to get to 20M.

I think 3d is in worse shape compared to 2012 and also Avengers opened closer to Obon and so that helped in its legs big time. This time around its opening 4 weeks earlier and so will not benefit as much as Avengers from Obon. So I think it will drop in admissions as well.

last weekend drop was horrible coming after May day weekend. But PP2 hammered AOU in australia where there was no May day holiday. This weekend combination of PP2 + Mad Max will have small impact. And its main gross will be in leggy markets. So I am thinking it can do 40m+ OS weekend next frame. But anything lower will be bad.

It's a shame for AoU. It could've made way more with better exchange rates.

On the other hand, the same stands for FF7 which is in contention to win the mega-blockbuster battle.

FF7 is not even 3d in most markets

• Like 3

This weekend drop -C will be good. Cine-directors is predicting 30% drop in france. Insidekino is predicting 40% drop in germany where both MM and PP2 are opening.That is good. I am expecting both Latin America and Europe to have very good drops.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2

Screendaily:

"The May 12 $33.9m gross delivered Disney/Marvel’s biggest China opening day of all time and the industry’s biggest non-weekend opening day ever.

China pushed the international running total to $607.4m and the global tally to $932.2m, with $1bn surely on the cards by the weekend."

Posted above in the wrong thread. Lo siento mucho

AOU #6 All Time Watch

China not looking great after the wed number came out. If Thursday drops to or below 100m it could mean an ugly weekend. FF7 and TF4 held 10%~ on it 2nd weekday after OD/OW. If it drops 15 or more % then the week could below 850m/$140m and possibly looking at low $200m for a total

DOM second weekend is just 7% ahead of IM3 after OW was 10% ahead and is losing a little bit of ground on the daily. FF7 and IM3 fell 50% their 3rd weeknd, if AoU falls 55% or more than 430m becomes a target

Looks like OS-C has come in with 11m for Monday-Tuesday based on the new update with chinas opening. Looking at a 20m mon--thur similar to Dom. If the weekend drops more than 55% below 685 OS-C is likely

Japan possibly 25m

China 230.0                          
Japan 25.0                          
OS-CJ 680.0                          
DOM 430.0                          
Total 1365.0                          

A little more crashing and burning and it could get down to DH2

Posted above in the wrong thread. Lo siento mucho

AOU #6 All Time Watch

China not looking great after the wed number came out. If Thursday drops to or below 100m it could mean an ugly weekend. FF7 and TF4 held 10%~ on it 2nd weekday after OD/OW. If it drops 15 or more % then the week could below 850m/$140m and possibly looking at low $200m for a total

DOM second weekend is just 7% ahead of IM3 after OW was 10% ahead and is losing a little bit of ground on the daily. FF7 and IM3 fell 50% their 3rd weeknd, if AoU falls 55% or more than 430m becomes a target

Looks like OS-C has come in with 11m for Monday-Tuesday based on the new update with chinas opening. Looking at a 20m mon--thur similar to Dom. If the weekend drops more than 55% below 685 OS-C is likely

Japan possibly 25m

China 230.0                           Japan 25.0                           OS-CJ 680.0                           DOM 430.0                           Total 1365.0                          

A little more crashing and burning and it could get down to DH2

I thought AOU was matching or exceeding the first one's attendance in pretty much every major market except NA and Australia. How is it so far behind WW? Exchange rates and lower 3D share?

Edited by Darth Homer

definitely ER is the big factor. I dont think it increased in attendance in europe and dropped quite a bit in australia. Also Japan I am expecting drop in attendance. outside that it matched or increased. But its legs have been meh mostly. That is why its WW potential have been going down every weekend.

• Like 1

I thought AOU was matching or exceeding the first one's attendance in pretty much every major market except NA and Australia. How is it so far behind WW? Exchange rates and lower 3D share?

In Italy 3D share is 20% vs 65% for TA, with about the same admissions for both movies (2,2M), that means 2,5M€ (2,5€ of surcharge for 45% or 1 M tickets sold) lost on 18M€ of TA, only for lower average ticket price.

Edited by edroger

So, will this affect Infinity War?

Probably not in any recognizable way. While possibly disappointing, the movie is still making tons of money and forthcoming MCU films probably won't touch it until Infinity War.

If there's a change, it may be more in the belt-tightening department. Up until now, Marvel's been so strong that anything they've done has basically been unquestionable. This is possibly the first stumble compared to expectations. So they could do some stuff to control costs. From who kowhite has indicated the true budget for this was north of 300m. You may see them try to avoid that happening again.