grim22

"Leatherface" - Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel. Tobe Hooper is EP. October 20th release both theatrical and DVD.

http://www.thewrap.com/texas-chainsaw-massacre-prequel-leatherface-eyes-french-directing-team/

Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo, the French filmmakers behind cult hit “Inside,” are in talks to direct the “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” prequel “Leatherface” for Millennium Films, an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap on Halloween.

Up-and-coming genre scribe Seth M. Sherwood wrote the screenplay, which is expected to serve as an origin story that follows Leatherface's early years in the 1970s.

Carl Mazzocone is producing “Leatherface,” while Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman will serve as executive producers, having successfully resurrected the “Texas Chainsaw” franchise last year.

Millennium Films is financing the project and will sell international rights. Millennium executives Beth Bruckner and Christine Crow are overseeing “Leatherface” for the studio.

http://www.thewrap.com/eastenders-star-sam-strike-in-talks-for-lead-in-texas-chainsaw-massacre-prequel-leatherface-exclusive/

“EastEnders” star Sam Strike is in negotiations to star in the “Leatherface” remake that is coming together at Millennium Films, multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo, the French filmmakers behind cult hit “Inside,” are directing the “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” prequel, which was written by up-and-coming genre scribe Seth M. Sherwood.

“Leatherface” is expected to serve as an origin story that follows Leatherface’s early years in the 1970s.

Strike is nearing a deal to play Jackson, the teenager who grows up to be Leatherface.

You wanna make the next TCM a success?  Here's an idea.

Make it look like the original.  I'm not up on the technical terms and process but you do what Affleck did to Argo, make it look grainy and 70's like.  You film it on a shoestring budget and you make it scary.  The first remake was brilliant because it felt like the original.  The others have been too glossy and far from scary.  This one should really go back to its roots.

• Like 4

Make it look like the original.  I'm not up on the technical terms and process but you do what Affleck did to Argo, make it look grainy and 70's like.  You film it on a shoestring budget and you make it scary.  The first remake was brilliant because it felt like the original.  The others have been too glossy and far from scary.  This one should really go back to its roots.

Yep, Super 16mm that shit. 

• Like 1

The trailer for this out.  It's not really all that good imo.  I'm a big TCM fan but this doesn't look all that appealing.  And it's getting released in the theater and on DVD at the same time.  That's just silly imo.  I guess it's the way the new film landscape works.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhOWHvrnto

Release date is October 20th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

The trailer for this out.  It's not really all that good imo.  I'm a big TCM fan but this doesn't look all that appealing.  And it's getting released in the theater and on DVD at the same time.  That's just silly imo.  I guess it's the way the new film landscape works.  

just making the link look pretty for you :P   now i have to actually watch it  lol

2 hours ago, baumer said:

yeah I wasn't crazy about the trailer either.  It seemed to try to put too much stuff into it.  Maybe the movie will do that too.  Seems part prequel and origin, then kind of up to whatever the current timeframe would be for the film.  I can see why it's only getting a limited theatrical run and going straight to VOD at the same time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 75live said:

yeah I wasn't crazy about the trailer either.  It seemed to try to put too much stuff into it.  Maybe the movie will do that too.  Seems part prequel and origin, then kind of up to whatever the current timeframe would be for the film.  I can see why it's only getting a limited theatrical run and going straight to VOD at the same time.

Yea, I agree, but with Hooper's name behind it, you'd think it could at least get a push for opening weekend.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yea, I agree, but with Hooper's name behind it, you'd think it could at least get a push for opening weekend.

good point.  I guess the realize what they have and tried to make good with what they have.  

Who knows, maybe the movie is better than the trailer too.  But yes, this seems to say they just want to get it out there to say they released it and  move on.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2015 at 0:32 AM, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Well, I'm impressed.  Leatherface doesn't start out as much of a Texas Chainsaw film but it certainly does go back to that 70's kind of feel.  The story in this is really quite disturbing and the characters definitely fit into the TCMU.  The look is a bit grainy and theres some good gore.  I'm quite impressed with this prequel.  They even got a good cast.  If you can find it, it's worth seeing.