Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

What can maek with these markets, maybe $550m? adding at least $150m from China and considering that Japan and Russia added $35m for FF6 with current exchange rates and with a probable increase, $750m total is likely. Billion is locked.

This result makes Furious OS as big as Harry Potter 1 and 8, Transformers 4, Frozen or Avengers. Stunning  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

• Like 4

Masterpiece OS OW considering the minimal 3d precentage and the exchange rate situation.

I can see Furious 7 doing 1.1B, but aint sure, man.

Yes TNA + cool locations+ famous actors+ nice cars+ massive action = super hit film overseas always.

Uh, whats TNA?

It's The Dark Knight effect once again : a popular actor dies before the official release and TADAAA : Global success!

I would not generalize the death factor as a synonym of success. Another candidate for it like The Hunger Games has not exploded because the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I think it is more difficult than that. Ledger and Walker deaths have had effect for sure, but I think it is needed something more to explode like those 2 films did/are doing.

Box Office Mojo @boxofficemojo 25m25 minutes ago
'Furious 7' set opening weekend records in 12 Latin American markets, including Mexico ($20.8M), Brazil ($10.9M) and Argentina ($9M).
Other significant markets for 'Furious 7' include the U.K. ($19M), Germany ($15.2M), France ($11.4M), Australia ($11.2M), and Korea ($8.7M)

• Like 6

I would not generalize the death factor as a synonym of success. Another candidate for it like The Hunger Games has not exploded because the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I think it is more difficult than that. Ledger and Walker deaths have had effect for sure, but I think it is needed something more to explode like those 2 films did/are doing.

PSH wasn't a staple of the franchise nor was he rumoured to give one of the best performances in the history of film.  Brick Mansions didn't do anything at the box office even with Walker's death, but this is his defining role.  Of course the curiosity factor is going to be high.

• Like 3

Box Office Mojo @boxofficemojo 25m25 minutes ago

'Furious 7' set opening weekend records in 12 Latin American markets, including Mexico ($20.8M), Brazil ($10.9M) and Argentina ($9M).

Other significant markets for 'Furious 7' include the U.K. ($19M), Germany ($15.2M), France ($11.4M), Australia ($11.2M), and Korea ($8.7M)

Latin America rocks B) B)

• Like 3

I explained this in the weekend thread on Friday with the example of a future movie release: if Jai Courtney dies right now, Terminator Genisys would have a 0% bump because of it. But if Arnold dies, oh boy, that thing would do over 300M DOM and over 1B WW.

PSH and Robin Williams are actors people liked, but it is normal their deaths gave 0% bump to The Hunger Games or Night at the Museum 3. I would say A Most Wanted Man performed way better than it would have had if PSH was still alive, tho. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

Argentina: $8.4 million vs $9m

Australia: $20.4m vs $11.2m

Brazil: $15.8m vs $10.9m

China: $67.3m

Colombia: $5.8m vs $5m

France: $20.9m vs $11.4m

Germany: $25.0m vs $15.2m

India: $9.5m vs +$10m

Indonesia: $7.0m

Italy: $13.9 vs $8m

Japan: $16.6m

Malaysia: $8.4m vs $6.8m

Mexico: $30.4m vs $20.8m

Netherlands: $5.7m

Philippines: $5.7m

Russia: $19.4m

South Korea: $12.0m vs $8.7m

Spain: $10.6m vs $6.2m

Thailand: $6.6m vs $5.7m

UAE: $5.8m

UK: $37.1m vs $19m

Venezuela: $8.1m

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

TheUK/Ireland earned $19M at 537 dates, followed by Germany($15.2M/650), France($11.4M/707), Australia($11.2M/255), Brazil($10.9M/542); Taiwan($10.3M/80 dates), Argentina($9M/165), Korea ($8.7M/332),Italy ($8M/470), Malaysia($6.8M/131), Spain ($6.2M/341),Thailand ($5.7M/58), Peru($5M/92) and Colombia($5M/131).

• Like 3

TheUK/Ireland earned $19M at 537 dates, followed by Germany($15.2M/650), France($11.4M/707), Australia($11.2M/255), Brazil($10.9M/542); Taiwan($10.3M/80 dates), Argentina($9M/165), Korea ($8.7M/332),Italy ($8M/470), Malaysia($6.8M/131), Spain ($6.2M/341),Thailand ($5.7M/58), Peru($5M/92) and Colombia($5M/131).

You forgot Mexico, weird because it's the biggest market for it ($20.8m) ^^"

• Like 1

To put into perspective and to compare with future numbers, these are figures what FF6 would had done with current exchange rates in some markets (over $5m):

Argentina: $8.4 million

Australia: $20.4m

Brazil: $15.8m

China: $67.3m

Colombia: $5.8m

France: $20.9m

Germany: $25.0m

India: $9.5m

Indonesia: $7.0m

Italy: $13.9

Japan: $16.6m

Malaysia: $8.4m

Mexico: $30.4m

Netherlands: $5.7m

Philippines: $5.7m

Russia: $19.4m

South Korea: $12.0m

Spain: $10.6m

Thailand: $6.6m

UAE: $5.8m

UK: $37.1m

Venezuela: $8.1m

Edit: Total today would be $466.6m, so if F7 is able to make $700m we would be talking about a 50% increase. Just absurd.

Do you have the opening number in Vietnam? I really need it. 

Seems like VN distributor always hide the number :-?

Edited by yreimm0308n90

You forgot Mexico, weird because it's the biggest market for it ($20.8m) ^^"

You are right! It was posted already. I just wanted to add more countries. Fast 7 did $ 50.8m in Latin America without the smallest markets like Bolivia, Ecuador and Uruguay. Also Venezuela is missing on that list. It must be over $55m as soon as those markets are added. Simply amazing!!! ;)

• Like 1