Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

That Germany comparison seems fishy, lookss like they compare it to the wednesday of F&F6, which was the third day in release, as that one openend on monday, a national holiday.

Fast 6 openend on monday, and while Fast 7 was up by 24% in admission, it probably was lower in Dollar, not only because of the exchange rate, but also for the fact, that tickets on a normal wednesday are much cheaper, than on a holiday.

For us Germans, that won't matter, as it's all about admissions over here, but don't be disappointed, when the numbers come out. It will be very big, probably makes the same admissions, the last one made with 2 days more. Shame for the bad exchange rates.

What they have done is FF7 wed with FF6 thu (see find out why), FF7 Thu will be above Wed figure

What they have done is FF7 wed with FF6 thu (see find out why), FF7 Thu will be above Wed figure

Thanks for the additional information. I'm not a fan of that kind of press releases. They should just go by admissions or local currencies for Germany and there would be no need to make those fake comparisons, as it IS much bigger that Fast 6, just not in Dollars.

Is FF7 up in both admissions and €?

At my local cinema, wednesday is 2€ cheaper than Thursday, so less admissions needed for the same amount of money on Thursday.

Edited by Poseidon

All time biggest OD in India! Final reports are yet to come in but the OD should easily be over $2m (around 13 crore gross). Previous record was with Amazing Spiderman 2, which opened with 10 crore (on a Thursday as well). The OW record is also held by TASM2 which did 41.7 crore over 4-day. F&F7 should easily break that and may even reach 50 crore for 4-day.

Fast & Furious 6 performance over OW (all figures are gross)

Thursday previews: 2.5 crore

Friday: 8.1 crore

Saturday: 8.9 crore

Sunday: 9.5 crore

Total: 29 crore ($5.2m)

F&F6 finished  with 61 crore.

• Like 5

Breaking OD records in several markets, China expected to be huge, Latin America doing its job and even Europe wont decrease at all in $ thanks to more tickets sold than Fast 6....I'm starting to think 700 OS could happen...and even 1B WW. Given the exchange rates around the globe this is a monstruous performance.

• Like 4

Breaking OD records in several markets, China expected to be huge, Latin America doing its job and even Europe wont decrease at all in $ thanks to more tickets sold than Fast 6....I'm starting to think 700 OS could happen...and even 1B WW. Given the exchange rates around the globe this is a monstruous performance.

This is what i am hoping for.

Go go, come on Furious 7, push your engines to 1B WW.

Edited by Tortillo

Well, given its numbers in Argentina it's probably doing more than its job there :P

In India, Furious 7 broke the 2015 OD record with a 2M dollar OD. Not a major surprise as 2015 has sucked horribly in terms of big Bollywood releases thanks to the World Cup (no movie wants to compete with the World Cup in India), and Furious 7 is the first big movie of the year. Hollywood movies have horrible legs in India though (apart from Titanic, Avatar, Godzilla (1998) and 2012) so it will probably finish with around 10-12M 

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/furious-7-emerges-2015s-highest-day-1-earner-beats-roy-babys-record/

Furious 7 has not only emerged as the Highest Opener of any Hollywood film in India, but has also beaten 2015′s Hindi film’s record.

​Overtaking Ranbir KapoorArjun Rampal and Jacqueline Fernandez’s Roy, which so far stood as 2015′s Highest Opener with 10.40 crores nett, this Hollywood flick has collected over 12 crores on Day 1 i.e. on Thursday.

• Like 1

Indian numbers are very weak for a market with such a big population, I'm always amazed at how weird it is!

The Rupee is a weaker currency, and India is a very fragmented market for movies. Even Bollywood movies don't break out in South India. Each state has its own movie industry which makes movies in the language of that state, and most people cannot understand a language which they don't speak. For example, I can't understand any language apart from my states language and Hindi. That is the case for most people (except that they can't understand Hindi either).

Local movies also dominate the market a lot more than Hollywood movies.

• Like 1

The Rupee is a weaker currency, and India is a very fragmented market for movies. Even Bollywood movies don't break out in South India. Each state has its own movie industry which makes movies in the language of that state, and most people cannot understand a language which they don't speak. For example, I can't understand any language apart from my states language and Hindi. That is the case for most people (except that they can't understand Hindi either).

Local movies also dominate the market a lot more than Hollywood movies.

India's official languages are Hindi and English right? And you have people not speaking one of these two? It's not very convenient..

India's official languages are Hindi and English right? And you have people not speaking one of these two? It's not very convenient..

"Official" language basically just means the language that parliamentary proceedings are held using. Not that the entire population speaks the language. Here is the map of languages spoken in India, sometimes I get shocked that India has survived almost 70 years as an united nation. I guess loving cricket regardless of the language unites everyone

languages.jpg

IndiaLanguageMap.jpg

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

UPDATE, FRIDAY 11:30 AM PT: Furious 7 is off to a wildly fast start at the international box office, driving up a cume of $60M in two days. The Universal actioner added 33 offshore markets on Thursday to bring the total to 45. Thursday was worth $43M at 8,407 dates with No. 1s across the board. That haul is Universal Pictures International’s highest-grossing Thursday ever, blowing past Fast & Furious 6’s $25.5 million.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/furious-7-box-office-international-1201403421/

Edited by abra
  • Like 2

In India, Furious 7 broke the 2015 OD record with a 2M dollar OD. Not a major surprise as 2015 has sucked horribly in terms of big Bollywood releases thanks to the World Cup (no movie wants to compete with the World Cup in India), and Furious 7 is the first big movie of the year. Hollywood movies have horrible legs in India though (apart from Titanic, Avatar, Godzilla (1998) and 2012) so it will probably finish with around 10-12M 

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/furious-7-emerges-2015s-highest-day-1-earner-beats-roy-babys-record/

So 12.3 mln crore is a nett collection? Gross should be 35-40% higher?

Edited by juni78ukr