Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

You are right! It was posted already. I just wanted to add more countries. Fast 7 did $ 50.8m in Latin America without the smallest markets like Bolivia, Ecuador and Uruguay. Also Venezuela is missing on that list. It must be over $55m as soon as those markets are added. Simply amazing!!! ;)

Incredible :o

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

This just shattered the OW record set by the Hobbit 3 here in admissions (196.210 vs. 148.191) and is also set the biggest OW  record in USD, again, ahead of TH3, despite of the bad exchange rate (908k vs. 860k). This is freakin amazing. Can't believe it made those numbers.

• Like 2

From the Furious 7 thread in the main forum:

Biggest OW of all time in Portugal, 250000 tickets sold in 4 days. Previous record owner was Twilight 5 with 225000 tickets sold. Legendary numbers for our country. It did in 4 days what Avengers did in his whole run. It will pass all the movies of 2014 by the end of Sunday.

For comparison, Furious 6 sold 140000 tickets on his first 4 days, which is already an insane opening rarely seen in this country. 250000 tickets is just legendary. There are not even words to describe that. Just to put in perspective how big the opening was, in America this would be around 210M OW, which would beat the first Avengers, without 3D.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

The yen being weaker and the market being quite stagnant apart from Frozen I don't expect beyond $25m in Japan at best.

Don't worry. Fast 7 should increase at least $50m over Fast 6 in Latin America plus a good increase in China and the rest of Asia. Even in Europe Fast 7 seems to be doing better than the previous movie. $700m OS should be a lock by now.

• Like 2

Don't worry. Fast 7 should increase at least $50m over Fast 6 in Latin America plus a good increase in China and the rest of Asia. Even in Europe Fast 7 seems to be doing better than the previous movie. $700m OS should be a lock by now.

Believe me, I'm not worried lol :P

• Like 1

Biggest opening weekend of all time here in Uruguay. The first estimates were 75,000 tickets sold, but actuals today were higher, it sold 78,500 tickets. Just for comparison, Fifty Shades of Grey was a huge hit and it sold 35,000 tickets during the opening weekend. I saw FF7 on thursday and friday and of course it was sold-out both times. Considering the theater has reserved seating it was pretty amazing, even the front row was full. My students today couldn't stop talking about the movie (they are 13 years old), 90% of them had already seen it. I don't think there's going to be anything bigger than this for a long time here.

• Like 5