Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

Matching Frozen is possible, but probably upper bound.

I think the more fun thing will be to see which territories it outgrosses Avengers 2 will be.

Yeah for it to match frozen is a long shot, it will need some good legs to finish the job.

I'd laugh my ass off if that happened.

Why not? Frozen didn't really deserve half of what it did. FF7 is much much better.

They are two different kind of movies: FF7 now is in fire all over the world but in one o two montys (or maybe when Age of Ultron will open) no one will talk about it more, while Frozen after two years is still on the top of google search for cinema and on YouTube the various versions of "Let It Go" continue to add more than one millions views each day (not speaking about related products). 

• Like 1

They are two different kind of movies: FF7 now is in fire all over the world but in one o two montys (or maybe when Age of Ultron will open) no one will talk about it more, while Frozen after two years is still on the top of google search for cinema and on YouTube the various versions of "Let It Go" continue to add more than one millions views each day (not speaking about related products). 

How do you know that. You are talking like its a fact. I think because of Paul Walker and ginormous BO, it wont be forgotten that quickly.

I think it has even chance of doing it especially looking how huge China is going to be. It needs 200M+ in china for it to beat Frozen and that is not outlandish at all.

• Like 1

Exactly, Frozen is a long term phenomenon, FF7 is something more short-termed.

• Like 1

How do you know that. You are talking like its a fact. I think because of Paul Walker and ginormous BO, it wont be forgotten that quickly.

I think it has even chance of doing it especially looking how huge China is going to be. It needs 200M+ in china for it to beat Frozen and that is not outlandish at all.

I think that he meant that it will be something like Skyfall, a huge box office success but soon forgotten. It's not Disney nor Marvel

Maybe Vin Diesel should sing a catchy song in Fast 8 to top youtube's charts :P

• Like 1

Frozen vs FF7 showdown

Frozen   FF7 %Done

Total   1273,7 528,4 41%

Usa      400,7 191,9 48%

Asia     392,8  79,5 20%

Europa   337,7 126,9 38%

America   95,4  92,9 97%

Other     47,1  37,2 79%

• Like 2

I'd laugh my ass off if that happened.

Why not? Frozen didn't really deserve half of what it did. FF7 is much much better.

James this is unbelieveble, half of the movies I love you don't and the populair movies I don't love, you don't to. You are realy one of a kind.Somethimes i think james you are so wrong but with your next post it's like: damm you nailed it :D

• Like 1

But like you said, now everyone talks about FF7. I mean everybody i know ask me about or talks about the experience. Their is more buzz than their was ever around frozen (atleast here) but yeah it will only be for 1-2 months.

Frozen and other disney princess along with pixar franchises like cars or Toy story are talked about bcos of merchandise. That is not that big a deal. it does keep the characters close to the audience core for sure.

Anyway no reason to compare Frozen to Fast and Furious movie. They have nothing similar except that fact that both have broken out way beyond expectations. Probably we will see Fast 8 and Furious 9 before frozen sequel is released.

• Like 3

Ugh, people. It's not a competition. Frozen provides a nice benchmark for comparison. It's possible to like both movies (or neither) and be satisfied with their success (or neither.) If F7 manages to gross more, it's only going to mean that it managed to gross more, not be a reflection of the quality of either film.

• Like 1