grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Really? I thought with Nolan's name attached that 50M was possible with Latin America underperforming big time as well than 400M OS might not be possible. 

Well, it is opening just a tad lower than Gravity and Inception,  but I highly doubt it's gonna have the legs those films had.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

lol...so now we're going after MM's Lincoln ads?

Guys, this is a good opening.  

Repeat...it is a good opening.

It's the Noloonies who had ridiculous expectations.  

I agree it's a good opening but people were looking for great opening, hence the doom and gloom. 

Obviously the GA sees him as a mere mortal, but Nolanites beg to differ.

Doubt the GA even sees him. Certainly not by name alone. He's still a "From the director of Batman" director, and not, say, "From James Cameron" or "From Steven Spielberg" director.

• Like 5

Sure, but when you're a fan you prefer to assume the best-case scenario

Yes, I get this.  My original prediction for Crystal Skull was 300 mill.  I even had the logic down to a science.  I stated that IJ was never quite as popular as SW so there is no way it would gross what a SW did.  Then about a month before it opened, I got all loonie and predicted 400 mill.  When the OD number came in, i was reaching for the defibrillator.  

• Like 3

Doubt the GA even sees him. Certainly not by name alone. He's still a "From the director of Batman" director, and not, say, "From James Cameron" or "From Steven Spielberg" director.

I disagree.  People know Nolan's name.  They know who he is.

@TheShawnRobbins: #Interstellar Friday box office includes $4.6m from IMAX (27% share); $1.9m from other large format screens (11%) ... "B+" CinemaScore

@TheShawnRobbins: #Interstellar audience skewed considerably adult... only 25% aged 25 and under. 52% male/48% female

That is a most impressive male/female ratio. Cynics proven wrong that this was heavily skewed towards males. The high female ratio will be interesting for legs.

Also a very massive IMAX ratio. IMAX could be the key factor for legs too.

• Like 1

Only my movie loving friends know who he is. I most adults have no idea who he is. 

Well, a lot of my friends, none of whom are movie nerds, know the name.  

• Like 1

I'm thinking Mad Max will do poorly regardless of the release date, unfortunately. But yeah, it'd be wise to stay as far away from TA2 as possible.

Mad Max is a flop in the making. It would be best just move out of summer. I think September will be a good release date for it.