grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Yeah, but when was the last time we had a heavily adult driven blockbuster, aside from Gravity? My point is, a 3x multi is good for a normal blockbuster (say TF, POTC etc), but not for a movie that skews so much older. I see it making a 4x. Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

You're basing your multipliers on years ago. Legs have generally gotten worse, and using outliers like GRAVITY doesn't really help.

Uh, yes he has.  Titanic poster mentions Aliens, T2, and True Lies.

Titanic's adjusted OW is $51 million. Good, but not as good as Avatar nor Inception's opening. Cameron clearly didn't have that kind of hype at that time.

I love me some Nolan, but his credentials were boosted largely by Batman.  Cameron has done 2 sequels, but every thing else has been original.   That, in my opinion, makes his name go a lot further to selling a movie than Nolan's so far.  He doing good so far, but let's see when he gets a few more under his belt.

But save for True Lies, which had Ahnuld in it, those originals weren't particularly big hits. Titanic was what made Cameron himself a star.

Edited by tribefan695

It would be pretty cool to see that happen. 

I'm not sure about that. Only way TA2 OD beats Interstellar total is if the latter completely collapses aka Godzilla legs and that's not good for film making or original properties. 

You think American Gangster could be a good comp for Interstellar?

- Same weekend

- Evenly split with genders (53 f / 47 m)

- Skewed older (two thirds over 30 according to BOM)

- Barely missed 3x.

• Like 1

Titanic's adjusted OW is $51 million. Good, but not as good as Avatar nor Inception's opening. Cameron clearly didn't have that kind of hype at that time.

But save for True Lies, which had Ahnuld in it, those originals weren't particularly big hits. Titanic was what made Cameron himself a star.

Didn't have that kind of hype?  A 3 hour long period piece romance beat the follow up to Goldeneye at the box office its opening weekend. 

Well the theater didn't charge for our son's ticket. So we only paid for two adult early bird tickets.

Sorry Disney.

Big Hero 6 imminent.

#HailCashier

So you're saying when the actuals come in tomorrow, we should add on about $11 or so?

Well the theater didn't charge for our son's ticket. So we only paid for two adult early bird tickets.

Sorry Disney.

Big Hero 6 imminent.

#HailCashier

I think Disney will survive.  ;) Hopefully you'll love it as much as I did.  :)