grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Hunger Games is out in 2 weeks. Might cause issues with Interstellar, maybe not though since 75% were 25yrs and older.

I am personally never going to watch Interstellar as it doesn't appeal to me. I loved Batman Begins and Inception though, but this movie seems a bit more dry. Me and my old man were watching the trailer for the movie and it was uninspired.

November is a bad month unless it's a huuuge popcorn flick, mostly animation that rules with 4x multipliers.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/month/?mo=11&p=.htm

Edited by mdot1982

Multipliers for Christopher Nolan films

Insomnia - 3.1x

Batman Begins - 4.2x

The Prestige - 3.6x 

The Dark Knight - 3.3x

Inception - 4.7x

The Dark Knight Rises - 2.7x

Only 1 of his films had less than a 3x multi and that was one of the most highly anticipated sequels ever. Two films of his with $40 million+ OWs had over 4x multis. 

Interstellar should be able to leg its way somewhere between $150 million on the absolute low-end (3x) and $240 million on the absolute high-end (4.7x). 

Rooting for $240 million just so people don't call it a flop or a BO disaster. 

Interstellar should be able to leg its way somewhere between $150 million on the absolute low-end (3x) and $240 million on the absolute high-end (4.7x). 

Inception legs are probably out of reach, but I think it could still make it past $200 million if the audience reception is really positive.

I think a realistic expectation is $175-195 million.

• Like 1