druv10

Tuesday Actuals: Nolan - 6.9M, BH6 - 10.5M

Er... scratch that finger slip to a higher number theory.  I forgot 1 and 0 are at opposite ends of the keyboard.  The only possible finger slip in that proximity would have been a 2 rather than a 0.

I'm thinking it's a typo too. Even if kids were off, that jump is just insane. Saturday jumps for animated movies that big rarely even happen.

You need to believe, optimism and faith can be good for your health sometimes, I know that sounds crazy but I swear it's true!

• Like 3

I mean I guess it's what he meant to say then, but if that's the case we may be in for another Frozen ride in terms of legs for BH6. Cause that jump is on a whole other level of good, Holiday or not.

I don't think it'll happen, but it would be amazing if it did.  Of course I'd feel incredibly bad for the next Disney film to come out if that did turn out to be the case.  Having  to follow one really successful film is pressure enough.

Heck, even if it gets somewhere halfway between WiR and Frozen that would be amazing.

...but just think if it did somehow earn as much (or nearly as much) as Frozen... that would make all the reviews whose criticisms were (in a nutshell) "It's not Frozen" seem pretty silly.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 3

I don't think it'll happen, but it would be amazing if it did.  Of course I'd feel incredibly bad for the next Disney film to come out if that did turn out to be the case.  Having  to follow one really successful film is pressure enough.

Heck, even if it gets somewhere halfway between WiR and Frozen that would be amazing.

...but just think if it did somehow earn as much (or nearly as much) as Frozen... that would make all the reviews whose criticisms were (in a nutshell) "It's not Frozen" seem pretty silly.

I want to believe B)

• Like 3

It can never make as much as Frozen because of the huge opening difference, but I said it could be a sign to have similar legs if that jump is legit. We'll see how Penguins over Thanksgiving affects it though. As I always pointed out, Frozen got one of the most barren Holiday seasons ever for family movies, which is a luxury BH6 won't have.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I'm thinking it's a typo too. Even if kids were off, that jump is just insane. Saturday jumps for animated movies that big rarely even happen.

It does seem high but I'm not going to question Rth. His overall track record is unmatched.

• Like 1

Last time vets day came Tuesday was in 2008, Madagascar ESCAPE 2 AFRICA increased 90%.

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2008-11-11&track=changeling08.htm

I was just looking for something similar as a reference.  

Hmm...

Well it goes without saying that this would be a higher increase than that.  B)

• Like 2

Oooh... hey!  Hey you guys!  We've had more posts in this thread about BH6 than Interstellar!  I know that's likely to change given the current track record, but it's the first time the BH6 numbers haven't been the secondary subject of discussion (sometimes the third if Cameron or TDK somehow enters the thread)

...yeah, it's silly to be excited over it, but it's still nice to have the general topic talk some more on BH6.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 7

I mean I guess it's what he meant to say then, but if that's the case we may be in for another Frozen ride in terms of legs for BH6. Cause that jump is on a whole other level of good, Holiday or not.

You maybe right. WIR jumped 60% after a 79% drop on Monday while BH6 only dropped 68.5% and then jumped 130%. If that number is correct then WOM is coming into play early. 

• Like 3