druv10

Tuesday Actuals: Nolan - 6.9M, BH6 - 10.5M

I mean I guess it's what he meant to say then, but if that's the case we may be in for another Frozen ride in terms of legs for BH6. Cause that jump is on a whole other level of good, Holiday or not.

Indeed it is very good, even considering the holiday, which like many others here I want to take as a sign of excellent WOM (in conjunction with all of the other signs out there so far), but let's not start comparing it to Frozen just yet, please--in this market, those are the legs of a true phenomenon. I would be ecstatic if Big Hero 6 could do this ($334M DOM with Frozen's legs despite its OW gross), but let's not lose our heads just two days after OW. ;)

It can never make as much as Frozen because of the huge opening difference, but I said it could be a sign to have similar legs if that jump is legit. We'll see how Penguins over Thanksgiving affects it though.

For the sake of argument (and ONLY for this), if it had legs like Frozen's then nothing could stand in its way.

As I always pointed out, Frozen got one of the most barren Holiday seasons ever for family movies, which is a luxury BH6 won't have.

I don't buy that--if another major animated feature had opened near Frozen, then if anything that other movie would have gotten hurt. That said, I think that most likely two major animated features could coexist fairly well.

I have no doubt that Wed drops are going to be brutal.

Sure, it's back to school for children on Wednesday, but the demand will still be there so the weekends should make up for it (I don't think that fall/winter releases generally have weaker legs than summer releases, even with the slow weekdays).

This is from the monday thread:

Prometheus is summer.

This is also the night before Remembrance Day so the drop should be a bit softer. 

If you go by 2008 (last time RD was on a Tuesday) and you use The Changeling as a barometer, then IS should go up by about 45% Tuesday and then drop about the same amount on Weds.  

BH6 should go up by about 80-90% Tues and then drop by about the same on Weds.

• Like 3

Holy crap, that's an insane number for Big Hero 6. Look out Frozen, you're going down!

Naw, just kidding, huge Tuesday jump means epic Wednesday fall. BH6 will only make 1.1M on Wednesday.

Naw, just kidding, BH6 won't fall that bad, but expect the Wednesday number to be down in the 2.1 to 2.3 range. Seriously.

Naw, just kidding, I really meant to say you should all go watch Nightcrawler!

• Like 3

Oooh... hey!  Hey you guys!  We've had more posts in this thread about BH6 than Interstellar!  I know that's likely to change given the current track record, but it's the first time the BH6 numbers haven't been the secondary subject of discussion (sometimes the third if Cameron or TDK somehow enters the thread)

...yeah, it's silly to be excited over it, but it's still nice to have the general topic talk some more on BH6.

You're perfectly right, that's good to see, it's good to see the winner gets the recognition it deserves!

• Like 2

And on Wednesday everyone will lose their heads in despair when Big Hero 6 drops 85%. I swear this board doesn't do enough research before deciding of something is great or terrible.

As for the numbers higher than I expected for Hero, right in line for Interstellar.

• Like 2