druv10

Tuesday Actuals: Nolan - 6.9M, BH6 - 10.5M

It's nearly impossible to guess school outage bumps because every county (or parish in Louisiana) sets their own school schedule. The only dates that you can definitely say all kids are out are summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

It's nearly impossible to guess school outage bumps because every county (or parish in Louisiana) sets their own school schedule. The only dates that you can definitely say all kids are out are summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yes, but a kids movie doesn't jump 100% more than the next closest film because kids are still in school that day.

• Like 2

But Madagascar has the brand name behind it and a pretty consistent box office record.

I'm hoping it's good…. taking my kid to see it, if only to continue this streak where we see awesome animated films in theaters. 

I'm hoping that after taking a big hit the first week Penguins is released, BH6 and it can coexist as the holidays draw near. Then again, that's as long as Penguins isn't complete shite.

• Like 1

I'm hoping it's good…. taking my kid to see it, if only to continue this streak where we see awesome animated films in theaters. 

I'm hoping that after taking a big hit the first week Penguins is released, BH6 and it can coexist as the holidays draw near. Then again, that's as long as Penguins isn't complete shite.

I wouldn't be so optimistic about Penguins...Madagascar is far from being the best animated franchise ever...The 3rd movie was meh.

And this one will be a spin-off so I have a bad feeling..

Edited by Fullbuster

I wouldn't be so optimistic about Penguins...Madagascar is far from being the best animated franchise ever...The 3rd movie was meh.

LOL

The first two Madagascar movies are bad to meh, but the third is genuinely good. 

• Like 3

But the 3rd movie was still popular. Highest-grossing of the three (though not highest-attended). And it did gangbusters OS - remember, it has the highest foreign gross of any DWA film (though I'm not sure if Shrek 2+3 sold more tickets OS).

There is a reason that there will be a scene in Penguins where one of the penguins rocks a circus afro. (I caught that in the latest trailer when I was at BH6.)

Edited by TServo2049

But the 3rd movie was still popular. Highest-grossing of the three (though not highest-attended). And it did gangbusters OS.

There is a reason that there will be a scene in Penguins where one of the penguins rocks a circus afro. (I caught that in the latest trailer when I was at BH6.)

Madagascar 3 beat Brave's worldwide gross in 2012. It was a legit hit.

Madagascar 3: $746,921,274

Brave: $538,983,207

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 3

You are comparing the third movie in a series to an original film?

No, what he's doing is saying that the box office is legit and these are big films.  It's in response to fullbuster saying that there really isn't a big interest in the movie.

• Like 2

You are comparing the third movie in a series to an original film?

They were both animated movies released by major animation studios in the same summer, and even in the same month. Good enough for a comparison.

Edited by Mojoguy

Shrek is slighty bigger than Madagascar as a franchise. Puss in Boots made 148m coming from 238m of Shrek 4. Penguins should be able to make close of that. Madagascar 3 did 216m, so i have Pinguins at 130-140m. Plus 300 minimum OS

HUH?

Shrek is on another LEVEL to Madagascar. At least, it once was. 

Shrek 2 is still one of the most impressive runs of all time, and will remain that way.

• Like 3

HUH?

Shrek is on another LEVEL to Madagascar. At least, it once was. 

Shrek 2 is still one of the most impressive runs of all time, and will remain that way.

Last entries were 238m vs 216m. I dont see that massive difference...Yeah, Shrek WAS way bigger, now i'd say they're on par.

Shrek has been declining in popularity worldwide since Sherk 2's heights.

Madagascar has been increasing worldwide since the first movie.

Right now the franchises are almost even

Shrek Forever After: $752,600,867

At the moment, I'm expecting Penguins to make very similar numbers to Puss in Boots. That should be the goal for DWA.

• Like 3

Shrek has been declining in popularity worldwide since Sherk 2's heights.

Madagascar has been increasing worldwide since the first movie.

Right now the franchises are almost even

Shrek Forever After: $752,600,867

At the moment, I'm expecting Penguins to make very similar numbers to Puss in Boots. That should be the goal for DWA.

Agree.