grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

DoS is the 22nd biggest film domestically when it comes to admissions so far this decade. That's from 2011-onwards. Or should I start with 2010?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

You should start with 2010 since 2000-2009 is a decade. I bet it drops quite a few spots doing that.

good hold for Interstellar  but nothing extraordinary considering the average opening and lack of any new action competition. Inception and Gravity held better

Overseas though it has completely recovered though increasing in several places this weekend. 400m overseas is back on the table

• Like 1

Been asking the same question. Not a single drop over 50% so far. That's very rare for a horror movie, especially one with only 7% on RT.

RT means little for most genres....it means even less to the horror genre.  

And Ouija has some really nice moments in it, enough for me to recommend.

• Like 1

That would be 3m more than WIR's second weekend. :mellow:

Much depends on where Veterans/Remembrance Day fell for each. For a non-holiday second weekend in early November, Big Hero 6 is doing fine.

Just $245.1m more to beat WIR's overseas total! :ph34r:

That's not a very high standard to meet. The movie has only opened in one major OS market so far, and that one (Russia) has a currency exchange issue that works against it. This is going to be a rolling release OS, so we have to be patient.

It's not a bad drop, especially since it's closer to WiR than Mad2 (and WiR did have the Veteran's Day Monday to soften Sunday drops a bit).

Right, and this is a more front-loaded sequel we're comparing it to.

I swear, Chicken Little must be a big favorite around here among the Disney fans because, well, you know.... ;) Even that disaster (in terms of quality and WOM) had better legs than what some are predicting for Big Hero 6. People were thinking that Frozen's legs weren't so great for a couple of weeks, too, and then things changed. I don't know what will happen this time, but it's still early.

Edited by Melvin Frohike
  • Like 2

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

320 mill WW

A drop under 40% in its second weekend

On track to do at least 150 mill

So again, tell me, why did we allow the IS WWW thread to re-open?

Bad decision on my part.

• Like 6

320 mill WW

Bad decision on my part.

the WWW is still an interesting read as people  talk about why it didn't reach their even higher expectations that many people did have. 

• Like 1

320 mill WW

Bad decision on my part.

Nolanites wanted a big domestic OW. Even though the movie is doing fine, people expected more.

Interstellar is doing great overseas. It should definitely hit $150 million domestic, how much higher it goes is the question. It'd be cool if it flirts with Contact's adjusted numbers.

Geez, I went from hoping this movie would do $300+ million to hoping for around $170 million. I guess that's the business for you though.

• Like 1