CJohn

4-DAY Wkd Est: MI4 - 46.2M; SH2 - 31.8M; AatC3 - 20M; DT - 19.4M; Tintin - 16.1M / WH - 15M

Wow..But i have to ask..Why?

I live in south Florida. Snow birds come down this time of year. Most snow birds are of the retirement age, and Warhorse would definitely be a must see movie for them. Like it or not, but people do like movies about the close bond between animals and people. Horses in themselves, are exquisite and noble animals that sacrificed a lot for the greater of man kind, and people do acknowledge it and respect it, and love to see it unfold in a motion picture. Also, that morning, I was watching the news stations, and many of them said that Warhorse is the best bet to take the family to after a Christmas dinner, so that probably had something to do with it.I did see many families and elderly in the lines for Warhorse. Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

You made this yourself?

Yup. Thought it might be interesting to see what changed from Sunday's guesses because BOM takes forever to get up dailies and numbers in general these days.

Thats just so disapointing for TGWTDT. i really thought this would be a breakout...My faith in OS grosses have gone in the more negative direction also..Not good..... Not good....

Um, it's still way too early to judge it. It's already made nearly 30m. If it gets to, and it probably will, 75m+ I'd consider it a hit, despite it's budget being as large as it is. I mean, okay, it would have lost money, but it's not that popular and accessible in the first place so expectations are needed.

Does it still have IMAX?Maybe thats why..

It`s the combo of great WOM and most importantly breakout. It`s hard for a WOM to really do the work when there`s a stink of failure. But MI4 is the talk of the holiday season and it`s actually a really good movie.

I live in south Florida. Snow birds come down this time of year. Most snow birds are of the retirement age, and Warhorse would definitely be a must see movie for them. Like it or not, but people do like movies about the close bond between animals and people. Horses in themselves, are exquisite and noble animals that sacrificed a lot for the greater of man kind, and people do acknowledge it and respect it, and love to see it unfold in a motion picture. Also, that morning, I was watching the news stations, and many of them said that Warhorse is the best bet to take the family to after a Christmas dinner, so that probably had something to do with it.I did see many families and elderly in the lines for Warhorse.

Thanks warhorse...Explains alot..

Yup. Thought it might be interesting to see what changed from Sunday's guesses because BOM takes forever to get up dailies and numbers in general these days.Um, it's still way too early to judge it. It's already made nearly 30m. If it gets to, and it probably will, 75m+ I'd consider it a hit, despite it's budget being as large as it is. I mean, okay, it would have lost money, but it's not that popular and accessible in the first place so expectations are needed.

Nice job then.. Thumbs up...And 75 mill is a disapointment for dragon girl IMO

It`s the combo of great WOM and most importantly breakout. It`s hard for a WOM to really do the work when there`s a stink of failure. But MI4 is the talk of the holiday season and it`s actually a really good movie.

Agree.. But i was trying to find a reason for the high PTA. IMAX helps alot in that department..

Actually it didn't make it yet, it's just an estimate after a, as it seems, much better than expected Christmas Day, so there's a good chance that Monday will end up much softer that estimates suggest.

Don't think so. 26th is stronger than 25th when the days align as evidenced in 2005. It would only be a 23% increase for MI4 from Sunday.

Agree.. But i was trying to find a reason for the high PTA.IMAX helps alot in that department..

True but, overall, MI4 is the first choice movie so higher demand = more sellouts = more people in the theater = higher PTA. I mena, IMAX is an attraction but it isn`t that high of a percentage to make such a huge difference between this and second best PTA SH2`s.

• Founder / Operator

Well, its not even 1pm yet and We Bought A Zoo, Arthur Christmas, Muppets, and Alvin have already sold out their first showings of the day. Alvin has sold its first two, in fact...the second of which doesn't start for another half hour.

Well, its not even 1pm yet and We Bought A Zoo, Arthur Christmas, Muppets, and Alvin have already sold out their first showings of the day. Alvin has sold its first two, in fact...the second of which doesn't start for another half hour.

Sounds like a real familly day in theaters....