Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I don't get it.. are we in a box office slump? is the state of the economy starting to effect the box office? does nobody go to the movies anymore? I mean granted the Advertising for Mockingay wasn't nearly as good as the first two hunger games. but a $30m Drop?! this has been a depressing year at the box office. hope 2015 doesn't turn out that way.

Star Wars trailer rumor. Friday numbers look okay so far

For next weekend only (not sure if it's Fri/Sat/Sun or just Sat/Sun) a 90 second trailer for the new Star Wars will appear before every single showtime for every single movie at 100 theaters nationwide. I don't know exactly which theaters (except for one). Word has it Disney told all theaters getting the trailer that Big Hero 6 had to be the earliest showtime for each day (assuming that the fans will all buy a ticket to the earliest showing possible).

• Like 1

I don't get it.. are we in a box office slump? is the state of the economy starting to effect the box office? does nobody go to the movies anymore? I mean granted the Advertising for Mockingay wasn't nearly as good as the first two hunger games. but a $30m Drop?! this has been a depressing year at the box office. hope 2015 doesn't turn out that way.

Hmm seems like past few months there has been a malaise of sorts, even business is slow at work. 

I'm not sure that there's been any sort of malaise or slump, but if there is, let me ask this question:

Over the last year, over the last 365 days, which 3 movies have we heard more about than any other movies?

The answers are Age Of Ultron, Star Wars, and BvS. Those 3 movies have dominated movie news over the past year (with a slight intervention from GOTG for a month or two). Maybe everybody's just waiting for those three movies.

• Like 3

I'm not sure that there's been any sort of malaise or slump, but if there is, let me ask this question:

Over the last year, over the last 365 days, which 3 movies have we heard more about than any other movies?

The answers are Age Of Ultron, Star Wars, and BevS. Those 3 movies have dominated movie news over the past year (with a slight intervention from GOTG for a month or two). Maybe everybody's just waiting for those three movies.

This is true. I think the mainstream media has been covering these films and nothing else. Juggernauts are on their way.

• Like 1

People talk about the quality of the films of 2014 but apart from GOTG and a select other films, no film has really become into the public mind like lets say CF and Frozen last year and 2012 4 mega hits. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2