Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

The love triangle in the Hunger Games is a big joke because the relationship with Peeta is the only one of narrative significance. You can easily remove Gale from the story.

I see what you mean. But they are both important to Katniss. Gale protected her family while she was away. She's also known him all her life. Both their fathers died in a mining accident, and she always hunted with him in the woods.

I see what you mean. But they are both important to Katniss. Gale protected her family while she was away. She's also known him all her life. Both their fathers died in a mining accident, and she always hunted with him in the woods.

If all of that was taken away the story wouldn't have been effect that much. At least I don't think it would have.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

And yet he's really forgettable.

I know J-Law plays Katniss.

I know Josh Hutcherson plays Peeta.

I have no idea who plays Gale.

• Like 5

SH films are tough because their fans often get stereotyped as young brainless teenagers as well, except it's young, brainless boys. Regardless, I have to agree with water that at least some of the backlash to these films are sexist. That doesn't make the negative reviews wrong or the films masterpieces, but it's just the case.

And yet he's really forgettable.

I know J-Law plays Katniss.

I know Josh Hutcherson plays Peeta.

I have no idea who plays Gale.

Yeah, he doesn't standout at all. It's kinda shocking since Chris is such a charismatic actor. I guess that doesn't run in the family. Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

Yeah, he doesn't standout at all. It's kinda shocking since Chris is such a charismatic actor. I guess that doesn't run in the family.

Apparently they have a third brother that isn't an actor. My guess is he would have more life in him than Baby-Thor.

• Like 2