kayumanggi

THURSDAY NUMBERS (11.04.2014)

Considering it actually increased last weekend? Not even Gone Girl pulled off that one.

Well sure if you consider that. But that wasn't a consideration brought up in the post I responded to.

Poor 4 weekdays in a row for Penguins.  Big Hero 6 is stealing that audience.  Not to mention that there were too many kids movies in October with Dolphin Tale 2, Boxtrolls, Book of Life, Alexander and the Terrible Day, etc.  There is a point where overload factors in with parents.  I'm of the belief that over the course of a year the mainstream studios release too many kids movies in the first place.  And on Christmas I will bet that all 3 kids movies will under-perform expectations because they are all fighting against each other.

• Like 1

Is Hobbit taking all of the IMAX screens or does Interstellar hang on to the 15/70 ones?  I believe last year CF held on to those while DoS took the digitals.  Perhaps that was only here

Hobbit takes pretty much all of them, I think. Here in Los Angeles INTERSTELLAR is losing the TCL Chinese and Citywalk IMAXes (which were 15/70 for it), along with all the LieMAXes. It already lost some of its 5/70 screens to MOCKINGJAY.

• Like 2

Poor 4 weekdays in a row for Penguins. Big Hero 6 is stealing that audience. Not to mention that there were too many kids movies in October with Dolphin Tale 2, Boxtrolls, Book of Life, Alexander and the Terrible Day, etc. There is a point where overload factors in with parents. I'm of the belief that over the course of a year the mainstream studios release too many kids movies in the first place. And on Christmas I will bet that all 3 kids movies will under-perform expectations because they are all fighting against each other.

I honestly wonder if studios and theaters alike would be helped by some kind of family pricing scheme. Aside from child tickets, maybe for G and PG movies, parents could also have their tickets discounted. And maybe everyone's prices could be marked down for each additional child in the group. With how expensive tickets can be, this would be a real bargain for families with multiple kids, or big groups of parents/kids coming in together.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

Hobbit takes pretty much all of them, I think. Here in Los Angeles INTERSTELLAR is losing the TCL Chinese and Citywalk IMAXes (which were 15/70 for it), along with all the LieMAXes. It already lost some of its 5/70 screens to MOCKINGJAY.

One exception I've found: Seattle's Pacific Science Center. While The Hobbit is going to show up there, it'll be on the smaller screen. Interstellar will keep playing on the larger one. I believe the smaller screen, while older, can only play digital shows, now. It was renovated two years ago.

• Like 1