rukaio101

CAYOM Year 10 Advanced Schedule

Aaaaaaaaaand Rukaio and Blankments are fucked.

Numbers should be fine though.

Unless there's something I don't know about Imperial Dawn, I'd call all three of us equally fucked at the moment.

: I'm probably screwed too.

Well, I'm moving Scar to December 11th, so you are now.

• Like 1

Unless there's something I don't know about Imperial Dawn, I'd call all three of us equally fucked at the moment.

Imperial Dawn is the conclusion to a trilogy. The previous film in that trilogy made 382m domestic and won Best Picture in Year 7. Even if I wasn't doing Actuals/Totals, I would have zero concerns about the film's performance unless everyone ended up hating it.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

Imperial Dawn is the conclusion to a trilogy. The previous film in that trilogy made 382m domestic and won Best Picture in Year 7.

Huh. My boasting about Scar seems slightly more silly in retrospect.

And I can only assume Blank's RESTART is actually the sequel to a film I don't know that made $500 billion several CAYOM years ago.

• Like 1

Huh. My boasting about Scar seems slightly more silly in retrospect.

And I can only assume Blank's RESTART is actually the sequel to a film I don't know that made $500 billion several CAYOM years ago.

Unless December somehow winds up empty, I can guarantee that Imperial Dawn will make less than 382m. The second film jumped up pretty big, so a decrease is natural, competition aside.

Unless December somehow winds up empty, I can guarantee that Imperial Dawn will make less than 382m. The second film jumped up pretty big, so a decrease is natural, competition aside.

It still has a chance to wipe out all other competition. (Spell force could be problematic to its final gross though)

I think if all films in December this year end up being above good, we could potentially have some VERY tight competition (assuming we all give our best to these films (I'm watching you Mr. Hunt)).

Edited by Rorschach Le Pingu

To be honest, I find Rukaio's boastful nature about Scar obnoxious. Numbers and Blankments had stuff scheduled on December the 18th all the way back in Y7-Y8, and me and Rorschach have been hyping up LITW and Odyssey (respectively), and then Rukaio just randomly schedules something out of nowhere after Beauty and the Beast opens to $100 million, and basically says "watch out bitchez!!11!".

But whatever. Besides :( (which is gonna be small anyways), I'm out of the hellhole that is December.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Anyways, looking at Exodus' Friday numbers, I'm a bit worried about The Odyssey.   :huh:

And also, there's a part inside of me that really, REALLY wants to revive the CAYOM Festival this year.

Eh, House of Atreus did fine, and Odyssey will have more fantasy visuals and a PG-13 rating (presumably). Exodus got hit with bad reviews, whereas if Odyssey gets fine reviews it should survive...enough.

• Like 1

Eh, House of Atreus did fine, and Odyssey will have more fantasy visuals and a PG-13 rating (presumably). Exodus got hit with bad reviews, whereas if Odyssey gets fine reviews it should survive...enough.

^_^ Well it is the film I'm trying to do my best on (Penpal too) so, there should be some redeemable things about it (assuming I think it's bad but you guys really like it). Edited by Rorschach Le Pingu

To be honest, I find Rukaio's boastful nature about Scar obnoxious. Numbers and Blankments had stuff scheduled on December the 18th all the way back in Y7-Y8, and me and Rorschach have been hyping up LITW and Odyssey (respectively), and then Rukaio just randomly schedules something out of nowhere after Beauty and the Beast opens to $100 million, and basically says "watch out bitchez!!11!".

Eh. I admit I may have been a bit cocky but after 2 years of shakily trying to establish franchises and having to take major risks on properties like Mushishi and AoT, it's nice to have at least one film that I know will make serious bank.

Also, I've had the idea for Scar swimming in my head since Blank announced he was doing Yzma. The only reason I hadn't mentioned it before was because I was originally planning on releasing it Y12 and concentrating on Planetes this year. BatB's overperformance only convinced me to switch the two around. Which, in hindsight, was an excellent move since Planetes would've been eaten alive this year. So it wasn't just a film I spontaneously came up with in response to BatB. And even if it was, let's face it, I already have a reputation for being very spontaneous. At least half my films released last year were a result of me spotting a good spot or having an idea and going 'Eh, might as well'. And I have absolutely no doubt I'm going to do the same this year.

Also also, looking back, the main reason I even started boasting about Scar was because you were boasting about how LITW was going to 'suck out all the competition'. So it's a bit of a pot calling kettle black situation here.