Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

PROMETHEUS really had the chance to breakout, but in the end, you can't polish a turd.. So much of this movie was implausible and hard to swallow that it makes my gut hurt just thinking about the potential this had that went down the drain, not to mention Ridley Scott wanting to tie Bladerunner into this which if true, is the dumbest thing since George Lucas had the brainfart of tieing in the Prequels to the Old Trilogy...

I think you're just upset that the movie didn't have any Xenomorphs in it. You were expecting a true prequel to Alien.
  • Like 2

I'd say good...since I really liked Prometheus, but the movie had some serious script issues...but ultimately, I kind of imagine a lot of the script problems are Ridley's as transfered through Lindelof.

Nonetheless...I'm excited for a sequel. The movie had a lot of problems, but it did a lot well nonetheless that makes me interested in seeing a continuation.

As for box office prospects? I'm not too hopeful...I don't think this was a particularly loved film, and that'll hurt a sequel.

if not for the fact that Alien was burned into my memory, I may find Prom somewhat decent...but that's not the case: too overwhelmingly being there and done that.however, it's interesting to see where Ridley Scott takes the character of Elizabeth Shaw. He indeed introduced Ripley in Alien, but I think it's Cameron who made Ripley one of the most memorable heroines in cinema history. as for the boxoffice...it's really difficult to say~ will an additional fan base (to Alien series and to a lesser degree Ridley) actually be formed prior to the second film? will it be an all-out prequel to Alien? the Aline connection may help or hurt its theatrical run. not sure about lots of things now~

I bet this won't move on. It will stay stuck on development hell.

Lindelof said in multiple interviews even before Prometheus was released that he wouldn't be coming back due to other commitments scheduled. It sounds like Scott and Lindelof already came up with an outline for it anyways.

as for the boxoffice...it's really difficult to say~ will an additional fan base (to Alien series and to a lesser degree Ridley) actually be formed prior to the second film? will it be an all-out prequel to Alien? the Aline connection may help or hurt its theatrical run. not sure about lots of things now~

It sounds like the sequel will move away from Alien entirely and just be about the Engineers. I have no idea if that will help or hurt its boxoffice but I'd rather not have another Alien film. Alien has been worn out and beat to death with 3 and 4, and dragged through the streets with the AVP films. The Alien just doesn't have the same effect it used to anymore, its completely invalidated now and is nothing more than jerk off fanboy material for comic books, video games, toys, and spoofs... which James Cameron's Aliens was mostly responsible for. Edited by Shpongle