Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

I agree it wasn't perfect but people were really nitpicking everything.  What happen when you just enjoyed Sci-Fi.  It was tiresome hearing "Oh how did she run after having that operation" I mean this is the future, medical technology is suppose to be better.  It's little things like that.  I know people have a hatred for lindelof after "LOST" but it got out of the control with the "Prometheus" hate.  The only thing I will agree with is the whole "Snake" sequence, lol. 

My whole thing is that if I notice that stuff while watching the movie for the first time, it takes me out of the movie.  Once, I'm out, I'm out for good.  Movie is pretty much ruined.  

• Like 2

Lol, I thought that was going to be a link to its lifetime sales, not news that it entered the charts at number 1 on its first week...

DVD sales were not particularly strong. Lifetime sales of 42 Milion dollars combined Blu Ray and DVD: http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Prometheus#tab=video-sales

About even with Pacific Rim so far: http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Pacific-Rim#tab=video-sales

Weirdly enough, both Domestic BO, WW BO and DVD sales for Prometheus and Pacific Rim are pretty similar.

EDIT: Was looking through DVD sales figures, and Twilight is an anomaly. The DVDs outsell the Blu-rays by a 4:1 ratio. Almost every other movie has stronger Blu Ray sales compared to DVD sales. http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Twilight-Saga-Breaking-Dawn-Part-2-The#tab=video-sales

Edited by grim22

Oh, certainly. There are some really spectacular bits in the film. It just falls apart as a whole.

This.

Ridley Scott is still one of the most impressive directors in Hollywood on the visual side of things. He has an eye for beautiful set designs like few.

But damn, those characters, those st00pid scenes, those inept dialogs, that ending, the pseudo phylosophical musings etc

The BLu Ray documentary for Prometheus runs for 7 hours, I didn't watch it, but I read about it  and basically, Ridley Scott suffers from the George Lucas syndrome, he changes his mind constantly and his army of designers have to say YES if they don't want to get fired.

The technical teams created enough set designs and monsters to provide for 4 films at least ...

Scott had absolutely no clue about what his movie was about despite the stupid on the nose introductory scene in the spaceship, I even read an interview where he claims he was mostly drunk while thinking about this film ( true story, I am not making this up !)

A beautiful & unintentionally funny disaster. An a nice main theme. And that s pretty much it.

I ll pass on Scooby Doo in Space 2. Thank you very much.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

DVD sales were not particularly strong. Lifetime sales of 42 Milion dollars combined Blu Ray and DVD: http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Prometheus#tab=video-sales

About even with Pacific Rim so far: http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Pacific-Rim#tab=video-sales

Weirdly enough, both Domestic BO, WW BO and DVD sales for Prometheus and Pacific Rim are pretty similar.

EDIT: Was looking through DVD sales figures, and Twilight is an anomaly. The DVDs outsell the Blu-rays by a 4:1 ratio. Almost every other movie has stronger Blu Ray sales compared to DVD sales. http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Twilight-Saga-Breaking-Dawn-Part-2-The#tab=video-sales

We better get a damn PR sequel then!!

• Like 3

The BLu Ray documentary for Prometheus runs for 7 hours, I didn't watch it, but I read about it  and basically, Ridley Scott suffers from the George Lucas syndrome, he changes his mind constantly and his army of designers have to say YES if they don't want to get fired.

The technical teams created enough set designs and monsters to provide for 4 films at least ...

Scott had absolutely no clue about what his movie was about despite the stupid on the nose introductory scene in the spaceship, I even read an interview where he claims he was mostly drunk while thinking about this film ( true story, I am not making this up !)

This x 10! A lot of people put blame on Lindelof, but the movie lacked a clear sense of direction, of what it wanted to be, and that was mostly due to Ridley.

• Like 1

Good grief, the hatred for this movie is absurd.

I personally don't hate it at all, but do find certain aspects of it very sloppily executed:

1. Lack of direction. Is it a horror movie or a philosophical discussion on life? It, unsuccessfully, tries to be both. As a horror movie it isn't scary, as a philosophical discussion it doesn't go anywhere, doesn't say anything. Too many cooks in the kitchen... or just Ridley?

2. Lack of character development and motivations. Yeah, the space cobra thing, among others.

3. The impatient and incessant need to jump from set-up to set-up makes the movie feel rushed. It takes time and effort to build atmosphere and dread. Alien understood this, Prometheus does not.

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 9