narniadis

Friday numbers (Exodus 8.7 mill)

I have seen the movie. I doubt that :lol: The drop next week against Hobbit 3, Museum 3 and Annie is gonna be brutal.

Exodus also isn't a family film. You're not going to have parents taking their kids to this throughout the holidays. Still, December generally has nice legs, so I won't be surprised if this passes 90M.
  • Like 1

I'm kind of disappointed in Exodus' performance. I mean, no one really expected Noah numbers, but with a marketing campaign that relied heavily on CGI, and also Bale who is a huge name, this (coulda shoulda woulda) cracked 30M OW in theory. It would have been nice to see a hit that wasn't Comic Book, or literary adaptation, or Disney fairy tale. I'm not sure that its WOM is killing it; I doubt it would have done much better with stellar reviews on opening weekend. I think Fox should think about what it is with the marketing that didn't connect.

I think the Flixster audience score is in the 40s....just terrible....it won't have any legs and will finish under 90 domestic.

Yeah, Wild is looking to do very well in expansion. Looks like Reese is still a draw after all which makes happy, always liked her even when her movie choices haven't been the best.

Yeah.  I really enjoyed her when she doing work in movies like Pleasantville and Election....then of course Hollywood tries to send her to the "romantic comedy" ghetto as they do with all 25 year old actresses....and now she is breaking out of that ghetto again.

Yeah.  I really enjoyed her when she doing work in movies like Pleasantville and Election....then of course Hollywood tries to send her to the "romantic comedy" ghetto as they do with all 25 year old actresses....and now she is breaking out of that ghetto again.

She still has that buddy comedy opposite Sofia Vergara coming out next year, so don't hold your breath for her breaking out of that "ghetto" (lol wtf) entirely.

That dumb buddy comedy with Reese and Vergara is going to flop with Pitch Perfect 2 being released immediately after it.  For female moviegoers looking for an alternative to The Avengers, Pitch Perfect 2 is probably going to be a summer hit.  The first one was released in October - which kind of limited its box office potential.  

Poor Chris Rock.

Can't make a dent at the box office unless he's playing a zebra with a rainbow afro.

For a release in 900 theaters, I think Top Five is doing pretty well. With a 2.5M Friday, it has a shot at 8.5M for the weekend which will almost recover its 10M budget.

• Like 1

Exodus will still have the help of Hollyday s grosses to gain some momentum but it s week ow for sure for'such a big film.

Is Christian Bale a draw ?the jury s still out ... American Hustle last year was sold,with tons of Jlaw s clips ...

• Like 1

For a release in 900 theaters, I think Top Five is doing pretty well. With a 2.5M Friday, it has a shot at 8.5M for the weekend which will almost recover its 10M budget.

Plus, it received a fairly subdued marketing campaign and not even a release date until after TIFF. I feel like WOM could really go big for this film.