narniadis

Friday numbers (Exodus 8.7 mill)

I'm sick of having not a lot of breakout hits, I'm starting to miss those legendary bombs... all we seem to be getting are those "barly breaks even" at the box office.

2015 will change the mood for sure. 2014 dchedule looked do boring months before it started

Exodus is reminding me of that Day the Earth Stood Still remake from a few years ago. Meh opening and overall meh performance that wasn't a total bomb.

Thanks to Jupiter Ascending moving, and OS box office, this year has had no outright bombs (maybe Trascendence), but on the flip side this year has had no mega blockbuster either.

Edited by grim22

I fully blame the marketing for not making Exodus look more interesting. :mellow:

I thought the marketing was pretty good for this film. I've seen a ton of commercials and each made the film look interesting. They seemed to have spent quite a lot.

I think some need to accept that it's likely going to be a while until there are breakout hits of any kind. When the product is or looks limited in appeal (or just unappealing for the most part), audiences will just find other things to do with their time and money.

• Like 1

I'm sick of having not a lot of breakout hits, I'm starting to miss those legendary bombs... all we seem to be getting are those "barly breaks even" at the box office.

Maybe we've just gotten too good at predicting the box office.

• Like 1