narniadis

Friday numbers (Exodus 8.7 mill)

Biggest meh for Exodus. Is it in 3D? If so, that means it won't even sell half as many tickets as Noah did on OW.

Strong drops for IS and BH6. IS' legs have been awesome. It would be amazing it could get to $190m, but that obviously won't happen. $180m should fall, though.

If that number holds for MJ1, I am going to be really impressed. Being only $1m down from CF's fourth weekend despite opening $37m less is impressive. 

• Like 1

Giant shrug for Exodus. Trouble is you can't even enjoy it disappointing because OS will save it... like it seems to save just about everything now.

Honestly, the international board should be a lot busier, it's what really makes or breaks a film now.

The thing is, these studios make these films for the worldwide audience. It's not right to rely on the domestic market alone with all these ballooning budgets.

If that number holds for MJ1, I am going to be really impressed. Being only $1m down from CF's fourth weekend despite opening $37m less is impressive. 

Yes, you're right. It mantains a small chance to beat GOTG. If it makes 12,5M$ this WE and then it follows exactly the same pattern of CF  it could make as much as 338M $.

The problem is 2014 had potential for some nice break out hits, but hardly any of them actually, well, broke out.

Gone Girl, The Fault in Our Stars, Mockingjay Part 1....all movies with audiences that were at least 60% female, and intelligent stories in general.  The key is to make more movies about women - except make sure not to treat them as obsessed with finding a man, buying shoes/fashion, attending weddings, and living in Manhattan.

• Like 1

boxofficetwitterlogo_normal.jpgBoxOffice@BoxOffice · 24 mins24 minutes ago

BIG HERO 6 earned an estimated $1.39M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $180.57M. #BigHero6

boxofficetwitterlogo_normal.jpgBoxOffice@BoxOffice · 22 mins22 minutes ago

THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING earned an estimated $0.737M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $15.36M. #TheTheoryOfEverything

boxofficetwitterlogo_normal.jpgBoxOffice@BoxOffice · 20 mins20 minutes ago

THE IMITATION GAME earned an estimated $247K from 25 locations on Friday. The per-theater average was $9,880.... http://fb.me/6UeXF1AJX

boxofficetwitterlogo_normal.jpgBoxOffice@BoxOffice · 12 mins12 minutes ago

HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 earned an estimated $1.475M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $40.45M. #HorribleBosses2

boxofficetwitterlogo_normal.jpgBoxOffice@BoxOffice · 19 secs19 seconds ago

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR earned an estimated $1.57M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $53.1M. #PenguinsOfMadagascar

• Like 2

THE IMITATION GAME earned an estimated $247K from 25 locations on Friday. The per-theater average was $9,880. Domestic total stands at $1.37M. ‪#‎TheImitationGame‬

This is an amazing number. It's being rolled out exactly like The King's Speech, except a little faster. TKS pulled in 8k PTA on its 3rd Friday on 19 screens. TIG is doing better. 

Well, I for one, am glad Exodus is disappointing.

Why would anyone want to greenlight a live action Prince of Egypt or a remake of the Ten Commandments?

Just like how apparently no one wanted to see the reboot of Spider Man, this goes the same way and it is fully deserved.

I, and apparently a lot of people, don't care that you now have the special effects to make a giant wave just to sweep away Ramses' army.

The entire story is a boring, overly told, religious fest. The trailer was almost shot for shot done already by Prince of Egypt. I mean, really, this was uncompelling from the beginning and if Hobbit ransacks it next week, hopefully, seeing as it threw in major fight/war scenes for no reason, I would laugh even harder. No competition and it barely cracks $100m. Super.

• Like 1