iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

I'm pretty surprised at Lost's position TBH, didn't think it was so well-liked. It beat out a lotttt of great shows (like Avatar)

It's well-liked, most people just take issue with the last two seasons.

Edited by Saintarcher

It's well-liked, most people just take issue with the last two seasons.

Yup, most (if not all) of the Lost hate is directed to the finale.

If people can look past seasons 5-7 of Dexter and vote it high, they can look past the finale (which still sucks badly though)

#5 The Wire (-3 ranks) - 563 Points

u281ZBA.jpg
IMDB Rating:
iTkejAE.png
Aired: 2002-2008 (HBO)
Episodes: 60
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: The Wire drops from last year's runner-up position to a still respectable #5. It is the second highest ranking HBO show, and received the second highest average score with 46.9 in the entire Top 100. Only BBC's Pride and Prejudice miniseries with two votes of 50 had a higher average. With 12 votes, it ties Avatar: The Last Airbender for the show west the fewest votes in the Top 10, although it did receive three #1s and four #2s. In fact, the lowest it ranked on any list was 9th. 
Storyline: Baltimore drug scene, seen through the eyes of drug dealers, and law enforcement.
Show quote:
McNulty: This is just us talking right? Just you, me, my partner and... what did you say your name was?
Bodie: I didn't say shit.
McNulty: Just you, me, my partner and Mr. Shit here.
Show Trivia:
The character of "Bubbles", played by Andre Royo, was largely based on a real Baltimore drug addict and police informant who went by that name. The real Bubbles, who would slur his speech much more than the fictional character, first started working with the cops near the early 1960's after being arrested for a burglary. He spent the next few decades as an informant, leading to the arrest of several hundred felons and getting paid at least $50 for each one caught. His photographic memory and ability to blend into the scene made him one of the best in the city. Eventually he would start using the hat method portrayed on the series, where he acted as if he was selling hats and would place one of a certain color on the head of those the police should arrest.

Episode Ratings:
LnbPyDB.png
(What a clear trend every season!)

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/fh3WIp-7BKA

0o24oqq.gif

tumblr_m5yt21c7lL1rphknyo1_500.gif

Show Clip [spoiler warning] (new to Top 10):

http://youtu.be/Ky5d4hH1CPQ

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 7

Weirdest thing.  Its not that I saw Lost and didn't get into it, its just that I somehow never started watching it in the first place.  The Wire, too, as well as Breaking Bad or Walking Dead.  I've seen maybe 3 episodes total of all of those shows added together. Not sure how that happened.  Well, other than Walking Dead (Mrs Wrath doesn't like zombies).

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Weirdest thing.  Its not that I saw Lost and didn't get into it, its just that I somehow never started watching it in the first place.  The Wire, too, as well as Breaking Bad or Walking Dead.  I've seen maybe 3 episodes total of all of those shows added together. Not sure how that happened.  Well, other than Walking Dead (Mrs Wrath doesn't like zombies).

Lost is amazing, so is walking dead and Breaking Bad. have not seen the wire... yet.

• Like 1

Yup, most (if not all) of the Lost hate is directed to the finale.

If people can look past seasons 5-7 of Dexter and vote it high, they can look past the finale (which still sucks badly though)

Yup, the last two seasons of lost, still doesn't change the fact that I thought it was a pretty darn great show overall.

#4 The Simpsons (same rank) - 687 Points

uB48Ljb.jpg
IMDB Rating:
zda9bmW.png
Aired: 1989-ongoing (Fox)
Episodes: 60
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: The Simpsons is one of two shows that stayed at the same rank, along with The Sopranos at #11. Among the Top 20, it holds the following distinctions: highest ranking Fox show, highest ranking animated show, show with most episodes, longest running show. Its 29.9 average score is the lowest in the Top 5, although it did receive one #1 ranking and two #2 rankings. With 23 total entries, it was on the second most number of people's lists in the Top 100.
Storyline: The satiric adventures of a working-class family in the misfit city of Springfield.
Show quote:
Lisa: Dad, just for once don't you want to try something new?
Homer: Oh Lisa, trying is just the first step toward failure.
Show Trivia:
This is the longest running prime-time comedy series as well as the longest-running prime-time animated series in US TV history.

Episode Ratings:
tikmCbv.png

Opening Theme (Special edition):

5rgGXP9.gif

Mi1Ybvf.gif

Show Clip [spoiler warning] (new to Top 10):

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 11