grim22

BOF's top 25 movies of 2014. Full list Page 5. The forum worships at the altar of Nolan.

Number 12

Locke – 132 points, appears on 16 lists, #1 on 2 lists

ooVxwfg.png

FkXAx9x.png

One man driving down a road talking on the phone about concrete. Doesn’t sound like a big hook for a movie, but man does Locke deliver. The movie is just amazing considering that all we see is Tom Hardy in a car for 90 minutes. Hardy delivers an unfairly overlooked performance in this movie. Just him alone on the screen provide some of the most engaging moments in movies in 2014. Don’t think any other actor could have carried this movie the way Hardy did. Too bad his follow-up tentpole movie is Mad Max :ph34r:

Boxoffice: 1.4M Domestic

BOF User Reviews:

Fascinating and quietly brilliant film. I loved it. My best friend and mom did too, but they DESPISED the ending. It certainly isn't the most emotionally satisfying, but it doesn't matter to me. It's not at all about the ending- it's clearly a movie about the destination. It's like a stage play that unfolds on screen- the dialogue and the thematic complexity and the brilliant way the narrative unfolds so simply is just a joy to watch. Yes, it's an hour and a half in the car- but it's worth every second. Never once lost my attention. Tom Hardy, my favorite young actor working today, is brilliant again. God, that guy is good. He conveys so much with so little, and his character has so much depth that is all owed to his performance. It took me a few minutes to adjust to the accent- it still sounds like he's doing a version of the Bane voice in this one. Hell, this whole movie could double as a Bane origin story. Regardless, it's a brilliant, thought provoking film I haven't stopped thinking about since I saw it on Saturday. Go see it.” –  CMasterClay

Locke was so stripped down, tense and raw it was incredible written that you could believe this mans life had fallen to pieces over that one long drive. I can't add more then to say that Tom Hardy is an extraordinary actor and makes Ivan Locke feel so real, honest and human.” – Lizzy

• Like 15

LMAO at films like That Awkward Moment and Night of The Museum: Secret of The Tomb getting at least one vote. Looks like some users didn't see many movies from 2014. 

I saw 30-something films in 2014, which is way more than I usually do. NatM was one of them, and since it was actually decent, it made my top 25. 25 usually covers everything I see, so even Transformers almost made it.

Night at the Musem 3 is good though, make no mistake.

Yo, is TASM2 gonna be above Cap 2? lmao

No, I doubt TASM2 is on the list.

Number 12

ooVxwfg.png

FkXAx9x.png

http://youtu.be/xdaofZfgV_Q

One man driving down a road talking on the phone about concrete. Doesn’t sound like a big hook for a movie, but man does Locke deliver. The movie is just amazing considering that all we see is Tom Hardy in a car for 90 minutes. Hardy delivers an unfairly overlooked performance in this movie. Just him alone on the screen provide some of the most engaging moments in movies in 2014. Don’t think any other actor could have carried this movie the way Hardy did. Too bad his follow-up tentpole movie is Mad Max :ph34r:

BOF User Reviews:

Fascinating and quietly brilliant film. I loved it. My best friend and mom did too, but they DESPISED the ending. It certainly isn't the most emotionally satisfying, but it doesn't matter to me. It's not at all about the ending- it's clearly a movie about the destination. It's like a stage play that unfolds on screen- the dialogue and the thematic complexity and the brilliant way the narrative unfolds so simply is just a joy to watch. Yes, it's an hour and a half in the car- but it's worth every second. Never once lost my attention. Tom Hardy, my favorite young actor working today, is brilliant again. God, that guy is good. He conveys so much with so little, and his character has so much depth that is all owed to his performance. It took me a few minutes to adjust to the accent- it still sounds like he's doing a version of the Bane voice in this one. Hell, this whole movie could double as a Bane origin story. Regardless, it's a brilliant, thought provoking film I haven't stopped thinking about since I saw it on Saturday. Go see it.” –  CMasterClay

Locke was so stripped down, tense and raw it was incredible written that you could believe this mans life had fallen to pieces over that one long drive. I can't add more then to say that Tom Hardy is an extraordinary actor and makes Ivan Locke feel so real, honest and human.” – Lizzy

Good job everyone

• Like 1

Number 12

ooVxwfg.png

FkXAx9x.png

BOF User Reviews:

Tele using that admin power to get this into the top. I still need to see it.

I saw 30-something films in 2014, which is way more than I usually do. NatM was one of them, and since it was actually decent, it made my top 25. 25 usually covers everything I see, so even Transformers almost made it.

Night at the Musem 3 is good though, make no mistake.

I'm sure it is, I saw around 40 movies from 2014 and I doubt Night At The Museum would be in my top 25. Good for you though, it sounds harmless at least. 

• Like 2

Boffy Top 10:

BIRDMAN

BOYHOOD

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

GONE GIRL

GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

INTERSTELLAR

SELMA

THE LEGO MOVIE

2 of them fell outside the Top 10 already here

• Like 1

Some more movies you won't be seeing in the top 10

Belle

Divergent

Foxcatcher

Enemy

John Wick

A Most Violent Year

The Immigrant

Noah

The Wind Rises

The Drop

Fury

Citizenfour

Transcendence

Leviathan

The Raid 2

Divergent and Transcendence are kinda random in the middle of those great movies. No love for Snowpiercer either, I assume.

Boffy Top 10:

BIRDMAN

BOYHOOD

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

GONE GIRL

GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

INTERSTELLAR

SELMA

THE LEGO MOVIE

2 of them fell outside the Top 10 already here

Dawn will make it to the top 10. Ffs guys... the trollage continues.