baumer

Baumer's top 50 films of 2014/Panda's top 20 of 2014 pg 8/Numbers pg 14

10. How To Train Your Dragon 2

Well it's pretty well know that I dislike How to train Your Dragon. I find it to be an incredibly generic antimation. THat is not the case at all with this film. This one follows the characters several years later. I dug the relationship with Toothless and Hiccup. The whole thing with finding his mom and all is great and works at bringing up emotions in the characters and the viewers. The scope of this movie is massive. THat first battle sequence is ridiculous and really the highpoint of the movie. I heard that there was some emotional stuff in this movie, as I said I was skeptical of the film having not liked the first one but it all worked for me (minus the song)

• Like 3

9. Edge of Tomorrow

Let's get this out of the way; I'm a massive Tom Cruise fan. The dude has great charisma and always seems to pick good movies. I'd been excited for this one for a while (in fact it was my most anticapated film of the year.) I wasn't let down. The film follows Lt. Bill Cage who is thrown into war. He obtains the ability to relive the day over and over. The opening scene is witty and incredibly entertaing. This leads into the first battle scene. Let me talk about the battle scenes in this movie; They're incredible, Very ADHD in nature, with a large scale. Now the character of Cage manages to be very witty as he relives the day with the way he says and does things. Emily Blunt also plays a big role in this movie. She is great in the role, really badass. So this film functions as a verry witty yet intense sci-fi/action flick with strong performances from it's leads

• Like 4

10. How To Train Your Dragon 2

Well it's pretty well know that I dislike How to train Your Dragon. I find it to be an incredibly generic antimation. THat is not the case at all with this film. This one follows the characters several years later. I dug the relationship with Toothless and Hiccup. The whole thing with finding his mom and all is great and works at bringing up emotions in the characters and the viewers. The scope of this movie is massive. THat first battle sequence is ridiculous and really the highpoint of the movie. I heard that there was some emotional stuff in this movie, as I said I was skeptical of the film having not liked the first one but it all worked for me (minus the song)

Minus the song? Wut.

I mean you're young, you might not get it, but that song is literally what made httyd2 great.

• Like 1

As a singer, I can't stand bad singing.

As a music major working towards a PhD in Music Therapy, I can say the two of them were effective, engaging, and stylistically correct.  A viking singing a personal folk song when caught up in a recent storm of emotions isn't going sound like Bing Crosby, but it doesn't make it bad.

Edited by The Panda

Don't forget: Ethan doesn't much like Bob Dylan for the same reason.

I guess Ethan should just stay far away from folk music then.  (Or real folk music, and not the hipster rock bands like Mumford and Sons that think they're folk)

Edited by The Panda