Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers (Jan 2-4)

Its not that, it's just the principle of the matter and really what THG series stands for. It would be hypocritical to make a 3D version of it. IMax felt the same to me.

IMAX version of CF was way different than the standard.  Course I would not watch any of the movies in 3D.  I rarely see any movies in 3D.  Last movie was Avatar.

• Like 1

Huh? Why would it be hypocritical to make it 3D or IMAX? Nobody's forcing you to watch it in those versions.

The argument that it doesn't need to be in 3D I understand. But why the hell wouldn't you want in IMAX? I certainly would like bto watch the epic finale on the local big ass IMAX screen.

• Like 1

IMAX is fine, because CF did it for creative reasons because the entire arena was all IMAX, it's "another world" and it worked in the film seamlessly. 

3D doesn't really do anything for the franchise, not really a fan of seeing blood splattered out of the screen. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right.

• Like 2

IMAX is fine, because CF did it for creative reasons because the entire arena was all IMAX, it's "another world" and it worked in the film seamlessly. 

3D doesn't really do anything for the franchise, not really a fan of seeing blood splattered out of the screen. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right.

We must have it!  300 Rise of Empire style blood splatter on our eyes!

• Like 1

My guess is with it being post converted and pg-13 we won't see blood splattered out of the screen. We probably won't see much "made for 3D" shots. Mostly just depth.

• Like 1

Y'know what I'm surprised by? Not the legs of Hobbit or Mockingjay, but how people are "surprised" at WiB2's performance being better than they thought. Hasn't horror movies in the first week always have a decent opening weekend for the past 4 or so years? While not fantastic, they do fine on the first weekend. Marked Ones, Texas Chainsaw 3D, Devil Inside. Course they all drop down hard, but still.

• Like 1

So besides the holdovers it was decent to see Woman's 7 million debut it looks like Relativity will be happy for the sequel's debut of around 15-16 million(though I think 14-15 million looks more possible) and if it doesn't completely disappear off the charts then a gross above 30 million

They can't wait until after Insurgent to see if they would release MJ2 in 3D, regardless anyone's feelings on it. You think they'd be okay with 6 months to do a shitty post conversion for their finale?

If they had ANY intentions of 3D for MJ2, they'd have shot it that way from the get go.

They can't wait until after Insurgent to see if they would release MJ2 in 3D, regardless anyone's feelings on it. You think they'd be okay with 6 months to do a shitty post conversion for their finale?

If they had ANY intentions of 3D for MJ2, they'd have shot it that way from the get go.

Need for Speed announced it with 6 weeks to go and looked Awesome in 3D.
  • Like 1