CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

MARION COTILLARD!!

I am sad I took her off my predictions because I thought it was hopeless, very nice surprise though.

EDIT:  Holy crap, The LEGO Movie didn't even get nominated.  That is the biggest snub in a long time.\

And wow, Gone Girl was almost completely shut out.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Interesting Oscars.

Foxcatcher got several big awards without Picture, and Selma got in with only song, I think.

Wait Foxcatcher got snubbed in picture? 

And I'm thinking maybe some people voted for Selma in picture because they felt the 'Oh it's so important factor' I have to vote for it? Because like there is no other reason why it'd get BP and legit like nothing else. Song is like barely even a real category and it's always so fucked up from having bogus nominations to nominating 2 songs. 

• Like 1

Selma will go down as the biggest fuck up in screeners for awards season ever and 100% proof you have to play the Oscar "game" to make it big with the Academy no matter how great your film is. Stupid Oscar politics.

Ehh..... I don't even think it's about the game with Selma. It's about getting people to see your movie. Basically no guild or televised awards voting body really saw the film until AMPAS and even then I don't think every AMPAS member got screeners. 

• Like 1

Selma will go down as the biggest fuck up in screeners for awards season ever and 100% proof you have to play the Oscar "game" to make it big with the Academy no matter how great your film is. Stupid Oscar politics.

Can't nominate it if they haven't seen it.

• Like 1