CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

As it deserves. God I hated that movie. 

I didn't hate it, but I'm glad it didn't get nominated.

I really liked it until the last 20-30 minutes I think, where it became a higher budgeted B-grade slasher flick or something like Obsessed/No Good Deed/Boy Next Door/Basic Instinct whatever category that is. 

The Academy wanted to vote INTERSTELLAR for everything, but every time an Oscar voter mentioned the movie, they mumbled and everyone else heard a different title.

Well that looks to have worked considering it got nominated for everything sound related...

:lol:

• Like 1

Gone Girl made a ton of money and produced a lot of goodwill for its two leads. A few noms wouldn't add much.

Ben Affleck was forgettable. I mean, he's getting better, but after being in the industry for nearly 25 years, he should be. 

No major surprises in the nominations apart from Lego. Unbroken and Big Eyes will end up being the major failed Oscar bait of the season, I wanted Adams to be nominated just so she could challenge O'Tooles record. Interstellar sets a record for most nominations without Best Picture. No real surprises though like "The Oscar nominated movie Bad Grandpa".

The movie didn't get locked until Thanksgiving (though an unfinished version had screened for some people). Locking that late meant that the DVDs wouldn't get made until the first week of December (and then you have to ship out all the copies), meaning that for some early guilds it missed the deadline entirely, and others didn't get their discs until well into the nomination process. They also didn't send them to all the guilds (though they did send to the Academy, of course).

then they should have left it out for the next season , leave the award circus breath a bit after 12yas party last year !

• Like 1

No major surprises in the nominations apart from Lego. Unbroken and Big Eyes will end up being the major failed Oscar bait of the season, I wanted Adams to be nominated just so she could challenge O'Tooles record. Interstellar sets a record for most nominations without Best Picture. No real surprises though like "The Oscar nominated movie Bad Grandpa".

Not even close. Dreamgirls got 8 nominations without a best picture nominations. so you can't even give that to nolan! Interstellar wasn't  even the only movie this year to get 5 noms without a picture nomination (foxcatcher)

• Like 2