CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I just realized none of the '00 winners except RotK of course have held up well at all for me. I loved Million Dollar Baby, Slumdog, and The King's Speech at their release time, but now they don't seem that great. Especially MDB. Even The Departed, which would definitely be 2nd of the millennium for me, has lost some of its luster to me too in recent viewings. This decade in particular has sucked. Nothing BP about The Artist, Argo, and 12YAS as far as I'm concerned.

Might as well.

1. No Country

2. The Hurt Locker

3. Return of the King

4. The Departed

5. 12 Years A Slave

6. Chicago

7. Gladiator

8. Slumdog Millionaire

9. Argo

10. The King's Speech

11. The Artist

12. A Beautiful Mind

13. Crash

14. Million Dollar Baby

Absolutely none of these movies are the best movie of the year they came out. the last time the best movie of the year won was... Unforgiven.

RotK of course is my pick, and it's so far out in the front the other 85 may as well not exist to me. 

Anyways, Bohood seems ridiculously far out in the lead now for BP/BD. Gonna probably be a long boring month while we wait for the inevitable. Although I will say that the Academy likes to throw a major curveball at least once a decade where they don't award the odds on favorite or a very close competitor. It's been since Crash since that happened, so maybe we are finally due again for a BP upset?

You realise none of the guilds have come out yet right? This was like the exact same position TSN was in over TKS in 2010 (actually I'd argue TSN was in an even stronger position because of the perceived dueness of Fincher and the box office and the later release date and etc.) and it was the guilds that completely flipped the race upside down. I think before we crown an actual frontrunner or call the race boring, we should at least wait for PGA on Saturday. Boyhood is only out in front because we perceive it to bed. There is no actual industry evidence to support that statement. For all we know TIG, or TGBH, or AS, or etc. could have just as much support. And that perception could be, like in the case of TSN, to be totally false and Boyhood could completely implode come Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1

hmmm so biased ranking

Grand Budapest Hotel

Boyhood 

Whiplash

TOE

Birdman

Selma

The Imitation Game

American Sniper

& it was reeeeally hard to rank because I really love all the 6 movies above & will be happy if anything gets the award

it would be deserving :wub:

Edited by Lady of Lorien

Might as well.

1. No Country

2. The Hurt Locker

3. Return of the King

4. The Departed

5. 12 Years A Slave

6. Chicago

7. Gladiator

8. Slumdog Millionaire

9. Argo

10. The King's Speech

11. The Artist

12. A Beautiful Mind

13. Crash

14. Million Dollar Baby

Absolutely none of these movies are the best movie of the year they came out. the last time the best movie of the year won was... Unforgiven.

The Departed was the best of its year, and so was Gladiator. Hell gladiator is one of the best films ever made

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

"Who are we?

just a speck of dust within the galaxy"

"Turn the page

Maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears " 

Blanks meltdown will go down in BOT history.

i just nominated him for the funniest poster  :P

Edited by Lady of Lorien

If I had my way, GBH would sweep all 9. Think it deserves every single one of 'em.

lol thats the spirit!

I would really love if thats the case :wub:

3-Times in row for Bradley??  :huh:

I didn't watched American Sniper. But if his act is just the same as AH and SLP, then he must be the most overrated actor of this generation.

this title should belong to  Bradley  or Jonah Hill but at least Jonah is great with comedy so Bradley takes the "award" 

but we are all a bunch of no-knowing Jon Snows b/c the Academy thinks apprently he's 1 of the best of our generation :lol:

Damn people, I didn't say AB was the best best picture winner, just that Boyhood would be the best since that won. Everything since then has been pretty average to really good. If TWBB had won, then it would've been that.

Damn people, I didn't say AB was the best best picture winner, just that Boyhood would be the best since that won. Everything since then has been pretty average to really good. If TWBB had won, then it would've been that.

In the ranking I posted above American Beauty would come in at like #11.

It was a good movie.  But it wasn't anything groundbreaking or earth shattering.  

What did you think of Oyelowo? The snub for that excellent performance is really the only snub for the film that makes angry, he blew me away despite being a fan of his work for years now. He should be offered a thousand lead roles by the industry to make up for it, at least.

What did you think of Oyelowo? The snub for that excellent performance is really the only snub for the film that makes angry, he blew me away despite being a fan of his work for years now. He should be offered a thousand lead roles by the industry to make up for it, at least.

I agree. Though, I think the guy who played MLK did a really great job though. This year has been a very good one for performances.

He should have been nominated over Cumberbatch,.  I don't get the love for IG or for Cumberbatch's performance.

• Like 1