LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

I think that if it's opening this big and on track to possibly hit 300+ Million is waaaaay to big for the Academy to ignore. I see the guilds biting. At the very least I think it's going to win PGA now. 

And also the Academy loves St. Clinto. Besides J. Edgar and Trouble in the Curve, I don't think any of his recent movies have ever not been nominated for at least 1 award. 

Jersey Boys also got 0 nominations.

Ugh, Boyhood better not miss out on BP after coming so close now. The upsets should have happened for Argo

Argo was the upset. Until things started going nuts for Argo ZD30 was eating up the precursor critics with Lincoln, Life of Pi, and SLP battling for second place.

• Like 2

Argo was the upset. Until things started going nuts for Argo ZD30 was eating up the precursor critics with Lincoln, Life of Pi, and SLP battling for second place.

Oh, how I wish ZD30 would've swept and not gotten caught up in bullshit controversy.

• Like 3

Avatar had the genre thing going against it. That and the industry didn't particularly like it. 

American Sniper is St. Clinto, not Cameron, a Drama not Sci-Fi. And also American Sniper has a story, unlike Avatar. 

Avatar had blue CGI aliens saving another planet, American Sniper is about an Iraq War veteran, much more in the AMPAS wheelhouse. Boyhood might triumph after all but I can also see a lot of the older voters saying nothing happened and writing it off as glorified home movies and here comes a Clint Eastwood box office smash as the fresh alternative...

• Like 1

I was talking about a last minute upset because the Globes cemented Argo as the frontrunner with one fell swoop for ZD30 and co. It still baffles me that fucking Argo happened over the rest of the 2012 nominees. Hollywood is such a circle jerk.

Oh, how I wish ZD30 would've swept and not gotten caught up in bullshit controversy.

Truth.

• Like 1

Jersey Boys was Clint purging all the bad mojo out of his system so he could deliver the goods big with American Sniper.

Trouble With the Curve and J. Edgar weren't enough, I see.