LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

hmm

The Avengers? 

However from a % point of view to expectations, nothing recently comes close. 

I dont think so. There were bunch of predictions in 170-190m range. Its final number was surprising but no where close to this. 300 could be an instance where majority thought 35m ( AA actually bet it wont beat Ghost Rider) and it crushed way beyond expectations. 1st hunger games did surprise though by release date 120m+ was locked. May be Passion did way beyond expectations.

Numbers came in a bit below Rth's estimates. Still crazy for American Sniper. Paddington and Wedding Ringer also doing well. Taken 3 had a huge drop and will fail to reach 100M now unless it gets Godzilled/Equalized over the number. Embarrassing for Blackhat. 

My problem with deadline is they never updated snipers numbers. They kept it at the same place they had it earlier in the day and they are insane to think it only makes 66m after a 30m friday

There is a bigger chance that it ends Saturday already above 66M.

• Like 2

It's very impressive, but that's going a bit far. Cooper and Eastwood are A-list, the trailer was great and the subject matter is clearly a draw to Americans. It opened about 50% higher than I thought it would.

So if it opens to 90 mill for the 4 day, you had it at 60 for the 4 day?

0.jpg

Edited by baumer

It is the most recent number and usually the late morning (Portugal's time) numbers from DHD tend to be the more accurate.

DHD is never more accurate than RTH if he posts after 2AM my time.

• Like 1

Numbers came in a bit below Rth's estimates. Still crazy for American Sniper. Paddington and Wedding Ringer also doing well. Taken 3 had a huge drop and will fail to reach 100M now unless it gets Godzilled/Equalized over the number. Embarrassing for Blackhat. 

I would still trust Rth's 30.5-31.5M number over Deadline's 29.1M. 

• Like 6

DHD is never more accurate than RTH if he posts after 2AM my time.

I would still trust Rth's 30.5-31.5M number over Deadline's 29.1M. 

I hope both of you are right. 

I honestly can't wait to see this movie. It is a shame I still have to wait a few more days until it opens here on January 22.

• Like 2

I hope both of you are right. 

I honestly can't wait to see this movie. It is a shame I still have to wait a few more days until it opens here on January 22.

No question, I hope he's right as well. BO doldrums look to be over with a bang. One of the most shocking OD/OW ever.  :blink:  :D