kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT | 501.1 M overseas | 857.6 M worldwide

The bigger the gross, the more successful the film.

I don't think Baumer was talking about quality, but about people acting as if Minions is "disappointing" box-office wise.

Ow yeah, minions is totaly no disapointment, it's doing great and will be the next 1B movie.

• Like 1

The bigger the gross, the more successful the film.

I don't think Baumer was talking about quality, but about people acting as if Minions is "disappointing" box-office wise.

Yeah, I thought that I misunderstood which is why I asked. But even so Minions shouldn't be compared to Inside out box office wise to gauge it's success.

Edited by Rsyu

In Spain, this Wednesday, thanks to a promo called something that can be translated "Let's go to cinema on Wednesday", Inside Out has sold 320,000 admissions and has grossed 1.4 million €, biggest laborable day ever for a Disney/Pixar film. The cume is 5.2 million € and 1 million admissions.

• Like 13

So IO will make much less than Minions, has twice the budget and yet people are disparaging Minions?

I liked IO much more than Minions, but the box office numbers don't lie.

Again, Minions coming off a nearly billion hit movie. It's doing great, but IO hitting 800m is even more impressive. Good for both films.
  • Like 3

BO global report:

Inside Out posted an estimated $28.3 million (+33%) in its sixth weekend of release from 51 overseas territories.  It has now earned $229.8 million overseas and $550.135 million worldwide with 28% of its international marketplace still to open. The film had the widest release in history in the UK/Ireland, opening in 608 locations and grossing $10.9 million for the top spot in the market which is 36% ahead of Monsters University and 4% ahead of Brave. Other top grossing markets include Mexico ($30.0M), Australia ($22.0M), South Korea ($21.8) where Inside Out is the second biggest Disney release ever behind Frozen, France ($20.0M), Russia ($18.8M), Argentina ($16.8M), Brazil ($12.6M), and Japan ($10.4M). Additionally, the Latin American and Middle East regions had strong holds of -35% and -28% respectively. 

• Like 2

BO global report:

Inside Out posted an estimated $28.3 million (+33%) in its sixth weekend of release from 51 overseas territories.  It has now earned $229.8 million overseas and $550.135 million worldwide with 28% of its international marketplace still to open. The film had the widest release in history in the UK/Ireland, opening in 608 locations and grossing $10.9 million for the top spot in the market which is 36% ahead of Monsters University and 4% ahead of Brave. Other top grossing markets include Mexico ($30.0M), Australia ($22.0M), South Korea ($21.8) where Inside Out is the second biggest Disney release ever behind Frozen, France ($20.0M), Russia ($18.8M), Argentina ($16.8M), Brazil ($12.6M), and Japan ($10.4M). Additionally, the Latin American and Middle East regions had strong holds of -35% and -28% respectively.

Does anyone know why Disney never reports numbers from Venezuela? It obviously should be doing $25m+ there taking in account admissions sold compared to films from other studios that report Venezuelan numbers weekly