kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION | 487.7 M overseas ● 682.7 M worldwide

The other thing to consider is the marketing campaign was condensed, and despite this it's still performing very well. Make no mistake had it had the same release date but been able to have a proper time frame to market it would be doing much better. 

• Like 1

its legs have been meh in so many markets. So its OS-C is below MI4. I am sure they will move MI6 back to holidays.

Its legs aren't as BAD as Fantastic Four.

At least, it'll be another profitable movie for the franchise. MI6 would definitely do better during the holidays.

Its legs aren't as BAD as Fantastic Four.

At least, it'll be another profitable movie for the franchise. MI6 would definitely do better during the holidays.

you cannot compare a movie which is having the worst response for a mainstream movie in a long time. MI5 is having great reviews and so I was expecting great legs. Domestic legs has been very good but not so much in most markets. Competition is there( JP in Japan and local flicks in korea) but that is always there. I thought WOM would still carry it.

you cannot compare a movie which is having the worst response for a mainstream movie in a long time. MI5 is having great reviews and so I was expecting great legs. Domestic legs has been very good but not so much in most markets. Competition is there( JP in Japan and local flicks in korea) but that is always there. I thought WOM would still carry it.

While I agree its legs could have been better due to strong WOM, it could've been worse considering the exchange rate changes and could have gone as low as MI3's OS total ($263.8M) or lower due to audiences having already been served with action films this summer prior to its release. Have you seen the movie yet? I plan on seeing it on Labor Day. I have heard its great.

It would do much better with original Christmas release. Paramount was stupid moving it.  SW7 wont be anywhere close to JW, let alone MI5 having to face Minions and IO among others.

Everyone fleeing SW7 was just stupid.

Just wait and watch SW7 disappoint compared to those inflated expectations. No trust in JJ pipeline Abrams in delivering real spectaculars.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation took in $25.2 million (-45%) from 63 territories in its third frame of overseas release this weekend. The Tom Cruise-led action film has grossed $280.8 million at the international box office and $438.563 million worldwide. Rogue surpassed Mission: Impossible’s international total and ranks third behind MI:2 ($331M) and MI: Ghost Protocol ($485.3M). China opens on September 8. http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-08-23-global-report-china-redeems-terminator-genisys-minions-3-all-time-animated-film-worldwide-nears-1b

It would do much better with original Christmas release. Paramount was stupid moving it.  SW7 wont be anywhere close to JW, let alone MI5 having to face Minions and IO among others.

Everyone fleeing SW7 was just stupid.

Just wait and watch SW7 disappoint compared to those inflated expectations. No trust in JJ pipeline Abrams in delivering real spectaculars.

It's not just about star wars. Why would you open a huge spy franchise just weeks after another one opens? That and star wars was good reason to move it. The movie is doing well, and in fact has gained a lot of good will among audiences, especially the younger crowd. Expect MI6 to be much bigger.

• Like 1

Its doing good...just not crazy numbers...with OS getting bigger year after year around $600m OS expectation was not very much to ask for..but looks like it will end up very close to MI4 in OS which is not bad but neither exciting at the same time

MI4 had Chritsmas holidays in most of the countries. To match it OS even with China's help is a good thing. The franchise has an excelent health.

So having franchise best numbers and all-time best numbers for Cruise don't mean good legs? I want what you guys are smoking.

its not doing franchise best everywhere. Even Korea it has dropped form MI4. OS minus China below MI4 is definitely not great considering how much the OS markets have expanded. Just look at how some of the recent blockbusters like Furious 7, Jurassic World or Minions did. Minions increased quite a bit despite having way worse exchange rate than DM2.

That said I am not saying numbers are bad. Just that legs have been unimpressive and some of the key growth markets in Latin America have ignored this franchise despite generally supporting action movies.

its not doing franchise best everywhere. Even Korea it has dropped form MI4. OS minus China below MI4 is definitely not great considering how much the OS markets have expanded. Just look at how some of the recent blockbusters like Furious 7, Jurassic World or Minions did. Minions increased quite a bit despite having way worse exchange rate than DM2.

That said I am not saying numbers are bad. Just that legs have been unimpressive and some of the key growth markets in Latin America have ignored this franchise despite generally supporting action movies.

Mi5 is exceeding mi4 in admission in most countries. For example, $13 m in Russia in 2011 should b about $6-7 m today. It is the exchange rate just like Age of ultron and the avengers. Having said that, i still dnt kno y this franchise never do well in Latin countries. Mayb it's TC they dnt like..