luna

Lisa's 50 BESTEST movies of the LUSTRUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caWXt9lCVrc

37. CRAZY CLOWN TIME

DAVID LYNCH

the last of four shorts. captures the essence of a backyard party perfectly, in only a way david lynch can. quite unpleasant, but i'm not necessarily sure that's a bad thing.

63 points

The_Master_Paul_Thomas_Anderson-70.png

38. THE MASTER

NURI BILGE CEYLAN

definitely more strange than i was expecting, which is a benefit of abstaining from almost all spoilers beforehand. aside from the oh-so-subtle lampooning of religious cults, it's really all too opaque for me, especially as it comes to a close. though it certainly has some gripping sequences. probably deserves another viewing.

63 points

I'm pretty sure this is actually P.T. Anderson. ;)

• Like 2

ryan-gosling-drive-007.jpg

36. DRIVE

NICOLAS WINDING REFN

very stylish crime drama with a great union of music and image. however, it is just a crime drama, with not much else to be said for it. in fact, considering that the film views its main character rather positively, as some sort of lone wolf who doesn't follow the rules and sacrifices his chance at love in order to be a(n anti-)hero, this is probably best described as a male revenge fantasy. entertaining and sleek but a pretty shallow masculine dream.

63 points

• Like 1

I don't understand the point of going to a movie website if you hate movies as much as Lisa does.  I'm not even being flippant or funny.  I'm serious.

• Like 3

:mellow:

That's from 4 years ago.  It's a brilliant 28 second film that shows the deep and connected emotionality of a man and his dog.  Lisa SHOULD give it at least 70.

• Like 10

That's from 4 years ago.  It's a brilliant 28 second film that shows the deep and connected emotionality of a man and his dog.  Lisa SHOULD give it at least 70.

:lol: it has more plot than some of the "films" on here too.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caWXt9lCVrc

37. CRAZY CLOWN TIME

DAVID LYNCH

the last of four shorts. captures the essence of a backyard party perfectly, in only a way david lynch can. quite unpleasant, but i'm not necessarily sure that's a bad thing.

63 points

Now this is a 7 minute music video. What do you consider a movie exactly?

Is this gif a movie?

bOxBw7q.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 7

I'd love for this short film to win. It is very short, but I really connect to it emotionally. It's deep - it conveys the idea that due to all the chaos in our lives, we sometimes struggle to see things for what they are, and that ultimately everything we know may be a lie. Its lead character is a convincing portrayal of someone who is from another place, but who inside still has that human flaw of walking into traps and problems.

• Like 5

It lacks thematic depth.

How can you say that?

Figure eight as double four

Figure four as half of eight

If you skate, you would be great

If you could make a figure eight

That's a circle that turns around upon itself

Place it on its side and it's a symbol meaning

Infinity . . .

• Like 3