33 members have voted

1. 1. Rango

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

One of the best of the year.Johnny Depp gives a brilliant voice performance and the computer animation is possibly the most beautiful I've ever seen. Rango pays homage to classic westerns so perfectly, I wouldn't be surprised if most kids didn't really get it but I was certainly able to appreciate the references. Sharp humor, strong concept, one of my faves.

BThe beginning was silly and it was a while before things got interesting, but it ended up being pretty entertaining. Enjoyed the darker tone in the third act. Characters were neat, but a little weak in the sense that they were a bit too outlandish too care much about. On the technical side, it was hard to find many faults; special effects were great and the score above average.Fun movie, but I wasn't blown away. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what prevents this from being an A, aside from the characters just not appealing to me. The humour seemed overdone at points. Maybe just not my cup of tea.

Edited by Night Fury

Just as a suggestion for comic-book lovers:If you liked the character designs in Rango (I did), check out the "Inspecteur Canardo"-comics by belgian artist Benoît Sokal. Not every volume in the series is top standard but there are some truly great melodramatic stories, and the characters are outstanding.