Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

I think what he means is the Oscar could give another to AS if they win some major awards

Oh, yeah. I'm not expecting AS to win the major awards though. The Academy has been allergic to giving blockbusters any awards these last couple of years. :unsure:

• Like 2

Bradley Cooper's next movie is that Cameron Crowe romcom Aloha with Emma Stone and Rachel MacAdams this May. That will be test of star power for Cooper since romcoms are struggling now, will he able to make this a hit? We'll see

• Like 2

To be honest, I'm not sure AS will win any of the major awards. BP is going to go to Boyhood or Birdman, and best actor is Redmayne or Keaton. It's not that Sniper doesn't deserve the award, it's just that there happened to be a movie that deserves it more. Regardless, I think the awards nominations only help it. When I was at Jupiter Ascending, there were a few older people I was talking to who just got out of AS, saying they saw it because they want to see all the Best Picture nominees. So I think that for a large portion of the audience for movies like American Sniper, the awards surely help it.

Bradley Cooper's next movie is that Cameron Crowe romcom Aloha with Emma Stone and Rachel MacAdams this May. That will be test of star power for Cooper since romcoms are struggling now, will he able to make this a hit? We'll see

There is Serena before.

And it is honestly one of the worst movie ever made.

So a 180% increase for Sniper?  That's much bigger than LS did on the same day last year.  I hope RTH is right.  That puts it in line for about a 24-25 mill weekend.

• Like 1

I think it's weird how I'd rather see SpongeBob than my two remaining BP noms (Sniper and Imitation). It just looks more entertaining

Btw, for people who've seen SpongeBob, is the 3D worthwhile? Loved Lion King's transfer, so I'm interested in the traditional animation segments effects