K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

It's not entirely impossible.

SW opens at Christmas.  December openings are softer than summer.  So it is within the realm of possibility.

I don't see 50 shades opening higher than The Hobbit and I definitely see SW breaking December's OW record. Not impossible, buy it's improbable.

• Like 1

Wait, are people really calling this number bad? It's gonna do about 35 today, and sellouts and presales indicate that tomorrow is gonna be a jump- like, to 40 million. Sure, it'll collapse Sunday, but overflow/the day off Monday will put it in position to open higher than the Matrix Reloaded. What a disappointment!

I m really not sure about the sequels for 50 shades though.

Obviously, there s no worldbuilding in this thing so it s more of the same without the curiosity factor of the first book/movie.

Do we have a breakdown of the book trilogy sales ?

Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent had their world expanding throughout the courses of the books/movies.

For 50 shades 2 , what s new, a new sex toy ? Back door action ?

What would be the reasons to come back for Episode 2, the X-Box One room ?

Edited by A Grey Future
  • Like 1

Obviously, there s no worldbuilding of this thing so it s more of the same without the curiosity factor of the first book/movie.

Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent had their world expanding throughout the courses of the books/movies.

Going thru how F'd up Grey is

GotG is lucky 50 shades did not open against it. 

I don't think so. Guardians is a movie you can take kids to. And you have to remember, 50 shades opening in august is not the same as it opening valentines weekend.

Obviously, there s no worldbuilding in this thing so it s more of the same without the curiosity factor of the first book/movie.

The 2nd book sold well.

I don't think it'll drop that high. Some of the older women might be holding back till then, not wanting to go when there's packed theaters of crazy kids. I know my mom and her friend are doing that. I honestly think it'll be similar to twilight.

My numbers if you're curious: twilight pattern:

OD 43M (20% from midnight, which was 8.6)

Sat: 25.8M (40%)

Sun: 15.2M (41%)

Total 3 day: 84.03M

Over 40=41.