K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

That would be sad.

I remember those days... 

I remember our source back in the days was Showbizdata.

I remember in 2005, they were showing numbers for ROTS and they showed on Saturday it made 31 million dropping from Friday..

Everyone was like going crazy, SW haters were tearing the film apart. Ended up being 41 million and got 172 million 5-day which was insane at that time and still is with the biggest openers ever today.

The same thing happened to THOR: TDW.

Thor 2 issue was that it did around 10% below expectations, for crying out loud the overseas gross was almost as big as the first films WW gross. 

• Like 1

MODERATION:

Check a few posts above. Everyone needs to drop this these rants on RTH, nights and Guru and discuss the numbers at hand.

Lol relax man, ridiculous how inconsistent you mods are on this. Those guys are very much part of the numbers ESP when you guys put RTHs numbers in the headlines constantly. How is that off topic compared to some of the other topic derailments that happen constantly, many nothing to do with even things box office related? Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 2

MODERATION:

Check a few posts above. Everyone needs to drop this these rants on RTH, nights and Guru and discuss the numbers at hand.

Sorry again

Anyway, I wish Kingsman was doing better and 50 Shades was too, but I'm not gonna lie and say these are bad numbers; just a bit underwhelming compared to the recent breakouts of Sniper and SpongeBob.

• Like 1

Do you remember Mason's numbers?

Oh yes - I still remember he and Nikki going on about DMC and trying to out do the other with reporting. I don't remember if mason was around for things like Shrek 2 or spider 2 though since I wasn't as active then.

• Like 2

Lol relax man, ridiculous how inconsistent you mods are on this. Those guys are very much part of the numbers ESP when you guys put RTHs numbers in the headlines constantly. How is that off topic compared to some of the other topic derailments that happen constantly, many nothing to do with even things box office related?

The lesson here is, just allow people to post numbers from all sources. We'll get official estimates later anyway. However, calling Rth names is just wrong.

• Like 5

You don't want them? Fine, you're on the "DO NOT LIKE" list. I just try to bring a little bit (like I'm aware, minuscule) of happiness into people's lives on this site, because the world is pretty shitty otherwise. I'd be a fool to think likes would change the world for the better, but I do think it's something I can to do try for y'all

lmao.

• Like 3

Oh yes - I still remember he and Nikki going on about DMC and trying to out do the other with reporting. I don't remember if mason was around for things like Shrek 2 or spider 2 though since I wasn't as active then.

With DMC we got early reports of over 50 million, but it was until estimates came in we had any idea.

The fun part was that when a film really took off it was fun. 

In terms of box office numbers no film really provides much fun last year. AS did in its first ten days though. 

• Like 2

And now that Nikki isn't updating anymore Rth and Spatula...(where has he been?) are our best sources.

• Like 2

The lesson here is, just allow people to post numbers from all sources. We'll get official estimates later anyway. However, calling Rth names is just wrong.

The internet allows cowardly people to make insults and hide behind a avatar.

I am not saying we should return to a dueling system, but if people had to back up their accusations and insults, I think the internet be a much kinder place. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1