Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

:mellow:

:)

The original tale was published in the 1750s and there've been countless adaptations in literature, opera, and film, including (but not limited to) the classic 1946 film, a 1962 version, a 1987 version (all live-action), a 1976 made-for-TV movie, a 1984 made-for-TV movie, and a 1987-1989 TV series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton.

• Like 3

When he got paid it was not supposed to be a bomb movie :lol:

Also, I have read in a few places that Depp dropped his usual price for Alice 2 and won't receive as much for Pirates 5 as he received for Pirates 4.

At this point we're talking rumors anyway, but I don't get people gettind mad a him for the money he gets. When Downey got 70m smth for IM3 I dont remember people reacting like that.

That $95m is just a rumor though isn't It? Yes I would take it. who wouldn't? I see you're point. doesn't mean I have to like him as an actor. as for who he is as a person I don't know he could be a wonderful person. 

Of course, you can wish he was using his talents for more arty, esoteric, or independent productions. We all like to think mainly of the art of movie-making. But it's a business too... and if someone's throwing you a metric shit-ton of cash, pretty much anyone would take it. That's all. :)

I've heard Depp is a really nice and down-to-earth guy, btw.

• Like 3

Belle's songs in the beginning, the song when they dance, gaston's song, the song they sing when they are fighting in the snow, oh! And of course be our guest is a classic!, even the score is so good! The score when the beast transforms always gets me! It's a perfect film.

You really don't have to tell me that, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite animated film of all time and is very close-song wise with Little mermaid and has one of the best film scores ever made. and is breathtakingly beautiful. it's just Little Mermaid imo has hit after hit in the song department and is my third favorite animated film of all time. 

:)

The original tale was published in the 1750s and there've been countless adaptations in literature, opera, and film, including (but not limited to) the classic 1946 film, a 1962 version, a 1987 version (all live-action), a 1976 made-for-TV movie, a 1984 made-for-TV movie, and a 1987-1989 TV series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton.

Oh wow. :mellow:

I had no idea there were this many adaptations. I thought Disney came up with it.

Oh wow. :mellow:

I had no idea there were this many adaptations. I thought Disney came up with it.

And that is exactly why Disney's scorched-earth appropriation of all the classic fairytales completely sucks. (Do you think THE LITTLE MERMAID and ALADDIN were created by Disney too?)

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

And that is exactly why Disney's scorched-earth appropriation of all the classic fairytales completely sucks. (Do you think THE LITTLE MERMAID and ALADDIN were created by Disney too?)

:ph34r:

WHAT ABOUT LION KING?!?!

Edited by K1stpierre
  • Like 1