Avatree

10 films over 700M in 2016?

Well, surprise surprise. Only 7 films did 700M, compared to 9 in 2014. And the #10 gross decreased year-on-year, the first time since 2008.

What about next year?

Films that may do 700M:

Kung Fu Panda 3

Zootopia

Batman v Superman

The Jungle Book

Captain America: Civil War

Alice Through the Looking Glass

X-Men: Apocalypse

Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Warcraft

Finding Dory

Independence Day: Resurgence

The Secret Life of Pets

Ice Age 5

Star Trek Beyond

Suicide Squad

Inferno

Doctor Strange

Fantastic Beasts

Moana

Rogue One

Assassin's Creed

Of which, I think it will happen for Kung Fu Panda 3, Batman v Superman, Jungle Book, Civil War, X Men, Warcraft, Finding Dory, Ice Age 5, Doctor Strange, Moana and Rogue One. That's 11 so it should happen, given how many others that could break out.

Edited by Treetrunk Special

Films next year to do over $700M WW.

Definate ones to do higher than $700M WW:

Batman Vs Superman

Finding Dory

Captain America: Civil War

Fantastic Beasts

Rogue One

Very doable:

Kung Fu Panda 3

X-Men: Apocalypse

Ice Age 5

Suicide Squad

Moana

Alice Through the Looking Glass

Independence Day: Resurgence

Maybe:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

The Secret Life of Pets

Zootopia

Star Trek Beyond

Inferno

Dr Strange

The Jungle Book

5 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

So looks like Deadpool will be doing 700M. Although I personally had KFP3 doing 700M so I guess they cancel each other out in my predictions.

Who would have thought Deadpool would be joining, nevermind starting the 2016 over $700M club. As DP would say..."what in the assss". :lol:

1. Deadpool
2. Batman Vs. Superman 
3. Zootopia 
4. The Jungle Book
5. CA: Civil War
6. X-Men Apocalypse
7. Finding Dory 
8. Independence Day: Resurgence 
9. The Secret Life of Pets 
10. Suicide Squad 
11. Rogue One 

Edited by Fanboy

On July 18, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Asyulus said:

lmao for Star Wars, its not going to beat JW WW.

Where do you imagine this and post on a box office forum? What parallel universe has ever existed where Jurassic Park as a franchise is on par with Star Wars or even close? LOL.

Edited by JonathanLB

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Where do you imagine this and post on a box office forum? What parallel universe has ever existed where Jurassic Park as a franchise is on par with Star Wars or even close? LOL.

Pretty sure Jurassic Park's first run attendance is higher than any SW film except ANH and TFA, and it's not far behind either. The franchises may not be close overall, but JP has certainly shown it can get into the same ballpark.

At the time the post was made, we had just seen an unprecedented run from JW. It was months before the marketing train for TFA exploded. It certainly wasn't a ridiculous stance to take. 

1 hour ago, DamienRoc said:

Pretty sure Jurassic Park's first run attendance is higher than any SW film except ANH and TFA, and it's not far behind either. The franchises may not be close overall, but JP has certainly shown it can get into the same ballpark.

At the time the post was made, we had just seen an unprecedented run from JW. It was months before the marketing train for TFA exploded. It certainly wasn't a ridiculous stance to take. 

If you say so. I think JW's run just proved how high the ceiling was for TFA.

Also really?! You're going to compare the first revolutionary Jurassic Park to random SW sequels? The proper comparison is any SW movie to the two mediocre hits that were Lost World and JP3. Not close. No SW movie performs as poorly as JP3. 

I agree with you that at its best Jurassic Park is a hugely popular and successful franchise. I just disagree that it was ever a realistic or smart thought that TFA wouldn't beat JW. Sounds like someone who both doesn't understand the power of SW and doesn't really grasp how that translates to the box office.

Then again we had geniuses here saying $2B worldwide was crazy...

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

China looking good, 300m it will make in the east

Dude 300 mil China.AN extra positive 100 million for USA(which i doubt). YOu need another  300 million(you have already 75 (europe -brazil--indonesia-philipinnes ) where are u going to find another 225 milion? Not happening