babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

I am curious where Gaga's acting career goes from here, if anywhere. Chances of her ever getting another Oscar nom for acting feel slim-to-none. Ryan Murphy collaborations will probably be the norm, even if his stuff tends to net awards these days.

well I think it did wonders for her potential career as people can see her more now than just as a 'singer with crazy costumes'. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, filmlover said:

I am curious where Gaga's acting career goes from here, if anywhere. Chances of her ever getting another Oscar nom for acting feel slim-to-none. Ryan Murphy collaborations will probably be the norm, even if his stuff tends to net awards these days.

I don't think so. This film was big enough that executives might think she has potential as a box office draw. I see her getting a star vehicle in some kind of comedy/drama where she plays an Italian woman in New York or something. I think she could've been great in a Woody Allen film, but he's been "cancelled" now. Let's see if he stays that way.

She's very savvy and has a great manager so I could see her as a high profile supporting role in a tentpole franchise. Someone suggested Ursula in The Little Mermaid.

I don't think another Oscar nom for Actress is out of the question. It would take the right film, but she seems to have a lot of goodwill in the industry. 

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2019/03/a-star-is-born-box-office-profit-2018-1202580798/

Warner Bros. kept the production costs on this star-driven project quite low at $35M, with Live Nation funding one-third of that budget. Global P&A of $110M included fall film festival launches at Venice and Toronto and an awards campaign which generated eight Oscar nominations, including best picture and an original song win for the Gaga performed and co-produced track “Shallow”. A Star Is Born opened on the first weekend of October as adult counter programming to Sony’s superhero Venom, and notched the No. 2 spot on the domestic B.O. behind the Spider-Man spinoff, $42.9M to $80.2M. By the end of its run, A Star Is Born actually edged out Venom at the domestic B.O., $215.1M to $213.5M. Not accounted for here is the revenue from the hit soundtrack which was a driving force for this picture’s success, racking up 4 billion in album sales worldwide and 2 billion streams worldwide. A Star Is Born winds up with $178.1M profit, and that’s without a theatrical run in China which is standard for many of the movies in this profit tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

A potential hurdle to Gaga's future acting career may be that she seems to be effectively banned from China due to comments about Tibet. This may keep her from getting a role in a big franchise film.

Edited by Hunch
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Hunch said:

A potential hurdle to Gaga's future acting career may be that she seems to be effectively banned from China due to comments about Tibet. This may keep her from getting a role in a big franchise film.

Because what really determines an actor’s worth is if they play a hero in tights.

• Like 2