CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Not same curiosity factor but been hyped big for years and months now and everyone knows its coming  out in a month.

hmmmmmm 

Yea, everyone knows it's coming out but it will or at least should lose some of the audience from the first one.  I just don't see how it can sustain that kind of box office for the sequel.

Great opening, but thinking that actuals will come in around 3-4M lower, looks like the Sunday drop may be underestimated. Still a great opening weekend. 300 is possible thanks to an empty April and the IMAX boost for the next 4 weeks.

April OW record looks like it will stand for some time. The Easter OW record will be interesting to see.

Yea, everyone knows it's coming out but it will or at least should lose some of the audience from the first one.  I just don't see how it can sustain that kind of box office for the sequel.

What about gaining more audience? 

Remember the film made 103 million dollars in its 2nd weekend. 

My point is the potential audience for TA2 is much bigger then 207.4 million, if people are more excited to see it earlier .

Its just a thought. 

Not same curiosity factor but been hyped big for years and months now and everyone knows its coming  out in a month.

hmmmmmm 

It's going to be absolutely enormous, just not as enormous as the first

Nothing wrong with that

• Like 2

143m? A bit less than expected, but still a great number of course!

A bit lower than expected?  Really?  Who had it opening to 143 million before it came out?

It's going to be absolutely enormous, just not as enormous as the first

Nothing wrong with that

Exactly my point.  I think it will open to about 185-190.  Ridiculously ginormous, but not quite as big as the first.

A bit lower than expected?  Really?  Who had it opening to 143 million before it came out?

I think he meant a little lower based than what the Friday number was suggesting

Great opening, but thinking that actuals will come in around 3-4M lower, looks like the Sunday drop may be underestimated. Still a great opening weekend. 300 is possible thanks to an empty April and the IMAX boost for the next 4 weeks.

I dont see how $300M is not locked at this point. This cant have lower legs than New Moon. An empty April and WOM is strong, and Fast's fanbase isnt as rabid as Twilights. $350, etc. seems too high, but I think $300 is a safe bet.

But I think James is right. F7 does have a very good and logical reason to increase.

Avengers 2 doesn't because Avengers was already the zeitgeist. The sequel doesn't have the same curiosity factor and imo is bound to decrease.

Hmmm. I don't know. I think the anticipation is bigger than the first.

• Like 2

It kinda needs an epic final trailer.

That last "Jurassic World" trailer was better but I agree.  They need to go even bigger on the next trailer.  Having him "Riding off" with the raptors just isn't an epic shot at all.  I feel like they are hiding the dinosaurs, lol.  

Domestic total yes, but people make 207.4 million as mythical.

Well, it kinda is.

I think it might be able to do 207 again but it will be very, very hard. I could see it as low as 185 or, if everything leads up to a perfect storm again, as high as 210.

Then I see people predicting 225+ and I'm like "how". There are a lot of people who don't look at precedent and just assume it will increase

• Like 4

I think he meant a little lower based than what the Friday number was suggesting

It was an inflated Friday which basically acted like an opening Saturday due to Good Friday. Based on that Friday, the range was 135-145M. Deadline can't do weekend multipliers for crap, especially since Easter weekend behaves differently.

• Like 3

Well, not really though.  The Friday number from those who don't follow the box office like us, was too high.  How they were getting 150 mill from a 67 opening was unrealistic.  I'm far from the best predictor here but I had it doing 145 mill off of 67.  That seemed more logical to me.  So the 143 is pretty close to a realistic number.  150 was way too high.