CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

It matters for fanboy movies.

For a change, I agree with Water that internet hype does not equal real world box office. Look no further than Pacific Rim vs Grown Ups 2 aka the weekend that killed the internet.

Would rather have Fast and Furious x Pacific Rim x Jurassic World x Fifty Shades of Grey

Ooh, good point

To be fair, I wasn't using these boards in TDKR weekend; I was addicted to CAYOM back then :P

Was not a great weekend on these boards. 

I have a feeling Furious 7 will be one of the five blockbusters nominated for BP at the Boffies, but no one will complain about it particularly since the ending is so fantastic

I am not particularly fond of the "why" that makes FF7´s ending " fantastic".

Let s face it, without the real life drama, nobody would get emotionnal over a freaking Fast and Furious movie.

And I am a fan of the saga.

I was actually surprised at the class they showed with the tribute to Paul's character...

It was a send off of the actor and of the character . Made it seem like a happy and tragic ending.

Watching it in theaters  I remember after the movie ended people looked a tad sad. 

People think this series is all about action however the likeable characters and 'family' theme have really kept it going lately. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I am not particularly fond of the "why" that makes FF7´s ending " fantastic".

Let s face it, without the real life drama, nobody would get emotionnal over a freaking Fast and Furious movie.

And I am a fan of the saga.

I was getting emotional with a scene that didn't involve Brian so...

Universal pretty much used the airtime during the Superbowl brilliantly. They lost out on advertising revenue, but having a minute long trailer for every single one of their big releases this year on the network they own during the most watched US sporting event of the year was a masterstroke of marketing. CBS will telecast next years Superbowl, but they don't have a major studio they own, guess that means that airtime is up for grabs.

Universal pretty much used the airtime during the Superbowl brilliantly. They lost out on advertising revenue, but having a minute long trailer for every single one of their big releases this year on the network they own during the most watched US sporting event of the year was a masterstroke of marketing. CBS will telecast next years Superbowl, but they don't have a major studio they own, guess that means that airtime is up for grabs.

Yeah, I think they are gonna be in second place for the year behind Disney with JW and Minions still to come.

Viacom owns CBS and Paramount.

Vin Diesel asking for the 27M for the sequel and Universal not paying him is what directly led to the series being what it is now. It needed the series to fall from grace, Diesel to do movies like xXx, The Pacifier, The Rock to find himself in The Tooth Fairy and Paul Walker doing Into the Blue and Eight Below which eventually all came together in Fast Five.

If Diesel had done 2 Fast, the series would have probably had 4 movies with the 4th one being a big money loser before it was retired only to be rebooted a decade later.

• Like 5

That article says The Rock got 33M to make Fast Five? That is impossible.

It is also hilarious Vin Diesel asked for 27M to make a sequel to The Fast and the Furious :lol:

EDIT: That article also says Michelle Rodriguez net worth is more than the one of Paul Walker. That is crazy. That article is so full of nonsense. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Vin Diesel asking for the 27M for the sequel and Universal not paying him is what directly led to the series being what it is now. It needed the series to fall from grace, Diesel to do movies like xXx, The Pacifier, The Rock to find himself in The Tooth Fairy and Paul Walker doing Into the Blue and Eight Below which eventually all came together in Fast Five.

If Diesel had done 2 Fast, the series would have probably had 4 movies with the 4th one being a big money loser before it was retired only to be rebooted a decade later.

I agree. I think the series would have declined as per usual and by the 4th one, like you said, fizzed out of existence. The reboot, reenergized the fanbase and got the writers thinking about how to get bigger and better. Brilliant move by Vin Diesel (and Paul Walker) to come back and also for Vin to secure some creative control. I'm sure his creative inputs are being under recognized.

The Mexicans are living in the future, they already have DVDs for BvS, Civil War and Justice League

CB1VO9kUIAAWQc_.jpg

Part of me is sad that there are people dumb enough to believe those are real.

Then the other part of me is laughing at them because they deserve to be duped because they are so stupid.

• Like 2