CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

But this view is pretty myopic... unless you're using "virtually" to escape the context of what you're saying. You don't get handed multiple tentpole movies -- and generate massive results -- without some aspect of talent in some area.

Well he has talent in making popular movies I suppose, yeah. But in terms of quality I think he has zero talent, though I think he is something of an auteur which you could say is talent.

Paramount can give him all the money he wants, doesn't mean I have to think he is a quality filmmaker. :)

Btw don't expect me to explain why I have these views, im drunk and with my bff so not going to spend time oj that. Another day... :P

• Like 1

And what exactly am I doing wrong?

You keep starting arguments about Transformers being great or how it's an all-time classic, or what-not. At this point, you're a broken record.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Extrapolating this gives us a 43M Sat. So...

67M

43M

30M

140M OW

Just based on those #s, wouldn't it be a lot more than $43m? Not saying Sat will be much more than that, but how are you extrapolating $43m from those #s?

You keep starting arguments about Transformers being great or how it's an all-time classic, or what-not. At this point, it's getting really, really, old.

Bull shit, I didn't start anything. I never go out of my way to start an argument.

Guys I don't see why you are complaining about Ethan going on about Transformers when you are the ones arguing with him. :)

You all know his opinion of the movie, if you can't deal with him defending it then don't argue about it.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 2

Bull shit, I didn't start anything. I never go out of my way to start an argument.

Here's a test for whether you are or not. How about you go a whole week without bringing up Transformers out of context in any thread. Let's see how that works out.

• Like 7

Just based on those #s, wouldn't it be a lot more than $43m? Not saying Sat will be much more than that, but how are you extrapolating $43m from those #s?

You have to add Thursday and Friday together to get the number for Friday, remember.

When I was younger I just thought Lawrence of Arabia was a dreadfully long and boring film and had no idea why anyone would want to watch that movie. Had similar experiences with Vijay Anand's entire filmography, especially Guide, Jewel Thief and Teesri Manzil, was really glad when I did an entire retrospective watch of his filmography a few years ago, Guide may just be one of the best movies ever made.

Guide is an epic film. 

You have to add Thursday and Friday together to get the number for Friday, remember.

lol, yes of course. Still don't know how you're getting only $43m though.

3552/3992 = 89%, that times $67m = $60m. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong so how are you getting $43m?

Edited by FTF

Ethan didn't bring it up. Someone was talking about Battleship firsr if I recall correctly?

Yeah I did say Battleship was better than Transformers.  Still though, that shouldn't trigger Ethan to go on a Transformers posting spree.

Yeah I did say Battleship was better than Transformers.  Still though, that shouldn't trigger Ethan to go on a Transformers posting spree.

Anytime anyone says anything bad about Transformers, Ethan will always be there to defend it. His brain is just seemingly programmed that way.

Edited by Fancyarcher