abra

Tuesday FF7 ~13.2m

Please bear with me, I may be a tad rusty...

Wed: 9.25m (-30%)

Thurs: 8.60m (-7%)

Fri: 19.35m (+125%)

Sat: 24.20m (+25%)

Sun: 14.50m (-40%)

Weekend: 58.05m (-60.6%) (250.3m cume)

Pretty much my predictions!

• Like 1

55m still probably puts it right around 250m in 10 days. If it's doing that, 400m has to be in the conversation. Not definite, but looking at least probable.

Let's not suck each other's dicks quite yet

• Like 2

Let's say for the sake of argument that FF7 makes 350m total. Not including inflation, since Fast and Furious(FF4) restarted the franchise with the original cast members in 2009, this would be the performance of the franchise:

OW      % Inc     Total       % Inc               Multi

FF4       70.95m    --        155.06m   --                   2.19

FF5       86.20m +21.5%  209.84m   +35.3%         2.43

FF6       97.38m +13.0%  238.68m   +13.7%         2.45

FF7    147.19m  +51.2%  350.00m   +46.6% (+?)    ?

Considering the multiplier has actually improved with each successive entry, I would not be shocked with a final tally north of 362m(2.46x). This is truly impressive, especially in this day and age of diminishing returns domestically.

• Like 7

Good number today, but tomorrow's drop is gonna be substantial. If it can keep itself from dropping 60%+ this weekend, that would be a miracle.

Considering the only two in the franchise to avoid a 60% drop were the first film and the underperforming Tokyo Drift(lower perch to fall from, but still dropped 59%), I'd have to agree with you. The only caveat would be Easter and how it may have deflated(how is that possible?) this weekend somewhat.

Not saying this will come close to that, but with a slightly worse Cinemascore than FF7, GI Joe 2 dropped 48.5% the weekend after Easter when the first film dropped nearly 60%(admittedly, it didn't have a lofty height to drop from), so it's not out of the realm of possibility this pitches under 60%, if only slightly.

• Like 1

I see $52m as the low end and $60m the high end for the 2nd weekend.

The low end would be more believable if it had some direct competition opening this weekend. The high end is more probable due to lack of competition and no March madness to deal with.